Calling anyone who knows anything about bracken ferns

Other plants we have or landscape elements like ponds.

Moderator: needmore

Ino
Location info: 0

Calling anyone who knows anything about bracken ferns

Post by Ino »

For the past 3 years I have been trying to transplant bracken ferns from rhizome divisions but each and every time I tried it was unsuccessful and I have no idea why. I have an area by the side of my house I have specially prepared for this running fern but I can't seem to grow them any ideas why?
johnw
Bamboo Society Membership: EBS - Germany

Re: Calling anyone who knows anything about bracken ferns

Post by johnw »

This is not something you really want in your garden. Believe me.
johnw coastal Nova Scotia
Ino

Post by Ino »

I do not know much about these ferns but I have a friend that grows them and he gave me some advice which was to sink a large plastic container into the ground and plant some rhizome divisions in that. Is this good or not? Ive just been going by what this friend was telling me so I world love some other opinions on this setup and why I shouldn't get any.

Edit: Never mind the stuff I wrote above I found a website on bracken ferns and I think I'm just going to stick to my cinnamon, Christmas, and painted ferns.
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Post by Alan_L »

Ino wrote:...I think I'm just going to stick to my cinnamon, Christmas, and painted ferns.
There are so many other beautiful ferns: lady, ostrich, sensitive... and many more that I can't think of right now. :)