Urine for Bamboo

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

bamboothew
Location info: 0

Re: Urine for Bamboo

Post by bamboothew »

Iowaboo wrote:that could be true, you may be drinking too many liquids, so urine is already diluted and weak. Don't drink more than 2 cups of liquid in a day, so that the urine will be highly concentrated. That will be good for the boo, but bad for you.
Actually, Lance, I think those are the instructions for monthly feedings. For feeding in-ground boos every time you water, make sure to drink 6 cups of liquid that day, for outdoor container boos drink 8 cups, for houseplant boos drink 12 cups , and for boo seedlings or rhizome cuttings drink 24 cups :D
God Bless,

Matthew

===============================

Genesis 2:8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed.
marcat
Location info: 28

Post by marcat »

Thinking about it the dog urine may be burning the foliage like vinager on a hot day.So in the winter it is less damaging on plants.
MarCat
watchnerd

Post by watchnerd »

I now have a full 2 quarts of urine stored up in a bottle and am wondering what happens if I add Miracle Gro lawn fertilizer (the powdery blue stuff) to it..... :idea: :?: :bom:
David
San Francisco Bay Area
My zone info
My blog: Modernist Gardening
needmore
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by needmore »

You'll create liquid Soylent Green...
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
David
Location info: 30
Location: Middle Tennessee (Murfreesboro) USDA Zone 6b/7a Record low Jan 1966 -14*F Frost free April 21-Oct.21

Post by David »

Salt is the easiest electrolyte for the body to excrete. Salt can be excreted in large quantities in the urine, and in my case was lethal to several small bamboo that I thought I was helping along. Salt also may accumulate in the soil under some conditions and the plant look fine until the first really hot dry spell when it suddenly falls over dead. Super diluted and and administered in a variety of locations urine would probably be fine, but fertilizer is cheap compared to buying replacement plants.
David Arnold
Middle Tennessee Bamboo Farm
USDA zone 6b
watchnerd

Post by watchnerd »

David wrote:Salt is the easiest electrolyte for the body to excrete. Salt can be excreted in large quantities in the urine
Very true, but it's also pretty easy to test how salty your urine is.
David
San Francisco Bay Area
My zone info
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Post by Alan_L »

I'm adding this to the list of topics that I'm not going to click on anymore. :pukeright:
bamboothew

Post by bamboothew »

watchnerd wrote:
David wrote:Salt is the easiest electrolyte for the body to excrete. Salt can be excreted in large quantities in the urine
Watchnerd, my guideline is if my urine tastes like seawater I dilute it 10:1 with water, but if it has more like a chicken soup saltiness I only dilute it 4:1... :D

Alan, this topic really is going way downhill... :D
God Bless,

Matthew

===============================

Genesis 2:8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed.
watchnerd

Post by watchnerd »

bamboothew wrote:
watchnerd wrote:
Watchnerd, my guideline is if my urine tastes like seawater I dilute it 10:1 with water, but if it has more like a chicken soup saltiness I only dilute it 4:1... :D

Alan, this topic really is going way downhill... :D
Err....

I was talking about using a cheap salinity tester.
:shock:
David
San Francisco Bay Area
My zone info
Tallman1948

Post by Tallman1948 »

I have been using urine on my lawn for years. I save it in gallon bottles and sprinkle it straight on the lawn. It greens up those places wonderfully. And I have developed a great humanuer system using composting worms. It makes great potting soil in a year. Keep it in plastic trash barrels in the basement and add all kitchen garbage to it. Cover each addition with peat moss. No smell. Keep it outside in the spring in a tumbler composter all growing season. By fall it is ready to use. Great.