Hello Ned in Portland

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

Angelman2012
Location info: 0

Hello Ned in Portland

Post by Angelman2012 »

Hello from Stan. Was nice to see a familiar face from "home". Never got to visit your large property/gardens but I'll bet is more beautiful and interesting than most of what I have seen here. Here in NE of Thailand is the most poor Everything. You can send care packages any time you wish. But seiously , the "fill" soil in the village I live in (clay) is better than the soil? (sand) at my property. I call my property" The Land of Death". But eventually I hope to overcome. The local villagers call me the crazy farang because of the" new to them ", methods I use, and the fact that I struggle so hard.. Killed myself last year carrying water in buckets to the plants in Terrible heat. They said "You are cooking (boiling) the plants. They were right. Amost everything died. One for Them. The ground is actually Hot most of the time. So this year will do things different. All new plants I grow here at the house, then after the rains start, will transfer. Also setting up water distribution system, AND drainage of water during the monsoons. DOUBLE DEATH. I have truly arrived into Hell! But I will not be undone. I will suffer forever if need be. No choice. Thai wife and bad land. Just kidding. My wife is great. English Teacher 43 yrs old. She is interested in what I do and is very helpful in plant collecting. I still have not learned Thai language.
So hope you remain well. Hope the readers enjoy my post. If anyone has questions about living in Thailand I can answer them . Probably. Do not listen to anything/anyone except someone who has lived here for at least 3 years. And the FIRST piece of good advice you will get ( was given to me by a very knowledgable German guy 30 years here) is: In matters between farang and Thai,, in the end Farang can NEVER win. Amen. Farang is any foreigner.