Fargesia report

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

ocimum_nate
Location info: 0
Location: American Fork, Utah High Desert, elevation 4566 feet, zone 5 or 6 depending on which source.

Fargesia report

Post by ocimum_nate »

Fargesia denudata seems to be quite happy in my locality. F. denudata 'xian2' is doing good but seems slower to upsize. This is odd because I actually started with a bigger plant of this one and the shoots have been good but not getting any bigger. I planted it in a new location after this disappointment and hope for better results next year. F. scabrida has been doing well despite loosing all of the emerging shoots to a late frost it has recouped and has at least as many new shoots as it lost early on. Robusta is doing well although I can't vouch for it's hardiness because I covered both the scabrida and robusta with leaves last winter. muriella has been doing well but hasn't upsized it is still putting out a lot of juvenile shoots. Rufa has been doing quite well. Nitida clones have suffered a bit from heat and from higher than normal humidity most of them have put up less shoots than normal or no shoots at all.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/natesplant ... hotostream