Bamboo imports

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

kreos123
Location info: 0

Re: Bamboo imports

Post by kreos123 »

Ph. edulis tuberformis (C50 200/250cm) 1490 € here in Europe. Quite expensive.
What would be the price in the USA after import?
johnw
Bamboo Society Membership: EBS - Germany

Post by johnw »

Brad - That was a solitary primotina plant but it was according to the owner a no nonesense flowering and produced a lot of seed. In Northern Germany there is no sign of it flowering yet. The seed was good and with 23c bottom heat it was up in 3 days.

johnw
johnw coastal Nova Scotia
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

kreos123 wrote:Ph. edulis tuberformis (C50 200/250cm) 1490 € here in Europe. Quite expensive.
It was imported last year so we should see it at next years auction. A number of people are looking at that form.
Bill
stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Post by stevelau1911 »

kreos123 wrote:Ph. edulis tuberformis (C50 200/250cm) 1490 € here in Europe. Quite expensive.
I don't think it will be anything hear 1490 Euros, or $2012.99 once I have lots of 1 gallon divisions of it. Don't let nurseries convince you that it is actually tough to get relatively small divisions off moso cultivators, or any so called rare bamboos.

It will get even easier once I can get my TC lab set up, but I still need to find a good pressure cooker somewhere.

I honestly think this form looks kind of ugly, but I'd still like to have a moso with messed up internodes :mrgreen:
kreos123

Post by kreos123 »

stevelau1911 wrote:
I don't think it will be anything hear 1490 Euros, or $2012.99 once I have lots of 1 gallon divisions of it. Don't let nurseries convince you that it is actually tough to get relatively small divisions off moso cultivators, or any so called rare bamboos.

It will get even easier once I can get my TC lab set up, but I still need to find a good pressure cooker somewhere.

I honestly think this form looks kind of ugly, but I'd still like to have a moso with messed up internodes :mrgreen:
Only one nurseries in France have it. Maybe that's why so expensive. I'd love to have Moso bicolor, but I think it is more expensive in Europe negates the U.S.
joyrock

Post by joyrock »

Do you know where I can find the Fargesia demissa Gerry in canada (if it is available) ? :D
johnw

Post by johnw »

I advised the ABS that Bamboo Botanicals in BC had 'Gerry' but it would not be available for 2 years. That did not get printed in the Journal. Bamboo Gardens in Oregon (they don't ship) will also have it then too.

Bamboo Botanicals (Pitt Meadows, BC) l'auront pendent deux années.
johnw coastal Nova Scotia
joyrock

Post by joyrock »

Thank you John
johnw

Post by johnw »

joyrock wrote:Thank you John