Raddia brasiliensis

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Raddia brasiliensis

Post by foxd »

I had mentioned elsewhere that I have verified my suspicion that Raddia brasiliensis can be propagated by its tiny culms falling over and rooting. Anyway, the Raddia in this picture was not intentionally planted in this pot, but spread to it from another pot. And the big plant is some sort of palm relative I had sprout.
raddia1.jpg
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
ocimum_nate
Location info: 0
Location: American Fork, Utah High Desert, elevation 4566 feet, zone 5 or 6 depending on which source.

Re: Raddia brasiliensis

Post by ocimum_nate »

Does that mean you might spare me a coveted piece? I would really like to add this to my South America exhibit.
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: Raddia brasiliensis

Post by foxd »

ocimum_nate wrote:Does that mean you might spare me a coveted piece? I would really like to add this to my South America exhibit.
Very likely since I now have it in three pots plus I've dug up two pieces that had propagated via an intentional attempt to root the culms. The two pieces I dug up are in plastic cups to see if they stabilize and continue to grow. And the original two pots have clumps big enough they could be divided.

In any case, shipping will have to wait until the weather warms.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.