Soil mix for raised bamboo bed

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

Deane
Location info: 0

Soil mix for raised bamboo bed

Post by Deane »

Hi everybody I am putting in a 10 meter raised bamboo bed and was interested what the best mix for the soil would be? I was thinking 75% top soil 15% compost 10% manure I would love to know people's opinions many thanks
dependable

Re: Soil mix for raised bamboo bed

Post by dependable »

If it were me, I'd up the ratio of both compost and manure, maybe 1/3 each if the manure well aged, less if it is 'hot'.

It is pretty forgiving, so if that is what you have around, it should work fine the way you have it.
Deane

Post by Deane »

dependable wrote:If it were me, I'd up the ratio of both compost and manure, maybe 1/3 each if the manure well aged, less if it is 'hot'.

It is pretty forgiving, so if that is what you have around, it should work fine the way you have it.
Thanks for your input dependable ,1/3 of each it is then ,the manure is alpaca so it's not hot fresh ,do you think any sand and grit is needed for drainage ?
dependable

Post by dependable »

Drainage questions are site specific. If you do not currently have a drainage problem, I would not worry about it. If you do, there are ways to fix that that are easier to do before you install the bed.