Bamboo in rock planter update

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

mountainbamboonut
Location info: 0

Bamboo in rock planter update

Post by mountainbamboonut »

I love seeing photos of peoples bamboo areas so thought I'd share one of my areas. In this raised rock bed I have mostly bissetti and megurochiku mixed together. Also some of my basjoo banana plants, zucchinis (getting 2' long zucchinis underneath these bamboos,) and cannas mixed in. These bamboos have only been in this location for 6 months but have leafed out incredibly and they were some of my mature plantings that I planted here. Rhizome growth everywhere in this bed.
Attachments
bbweb4.JPG
bbweb3.JPG
bbweb1.JPG
mountainbamboonut

Re: Bamboo in rock planter update

Post by mountainbamboonut »

Back of my property with 40 plantings on about 1/4 acre. All been in mounds (great Needmore suggestion) since Feb of this year. Heavily mulched with Woodchips, horse manure, chicken manure. I have a 1'' poly tube running to plantings with 1/4'' holes drilled out and I can water all 40 plantings in about 5 minutes by opening a few gate valves I plumbed in. Not super mature plantings here, only about 7' on average. All shot this first season in the ground though and I'd say almost doubled their leaf mass on average. The 40 bamboos I have in this area are megurochiku, green and yellow vivax, spectabilis, yellow groove, decora, bissetti, aurea, p aurea koi, and black. This fence of my behind it along one side should only be visible for one more season is my guess.
Attachments
bbweb7.JPG
bbweb6.JPG
bbweb5.JPG
pokenei

Re: Bamboo in rock planter update

Post by pokenei »

Nice photos. Wish I have property like that.