Introduction and questions on downloading and stem cuttings

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

Adam A
Location info: 0

Introduction and questions on downloading and stem cuttings

Post by Adam A »

Hello everyone, I live in golf breeze Florida. I currently live in Melbourne Florida and had 11 different species of clumping bamboo. I have had experiences with cultivating by stem cuttings and rhizome. However I still consider myself new to this. I am building a house, I’m planning on putting five or six different species of clumping bamboo on the property. I had question in regards to if anyone has had success with bamboo cuttings propagating in the fall? I have a friend who is flipping a home with two unknown species of bamboo in the back. He stated I could take a few cuttings off of them. I was hoping to give you some pictures as the bamboo species is unknown and this leads into my second question which how do I post pictures. I have a apple for phone and every time I try to download pictures it says image too large I have tried resizing and it still gives me trouble. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
dependable

Re: Introduction and questions on downloading and stem cutti

Post by dependable »

I believe you can get stem cutting from some of the tropical clumping bamboo. It does not seem to work with the running bamboos.

To post pictures, they must be re sized to 800 pixels or so. I commonly do this by running though export function, which is on most photo programs. I'm using Picasa 3 right now, but windows photo viewer has that function too.
johnw
Bamboo Society Membership: EBS - Germany

Re: Introduction and questions on downloading and stem cutti

Post by johnw »

Press Post Reply in the proper section.

Below the Submit button you'll see another section for uploading.

If yuour pic is properly sized & the right way up Press Choose File, wait then Press Add File.

If you load more than one pic be warned they come up in your post in reverse order. I'm sure there is a way to change that but I haven't found it.

john
johnw coastal Nova Scotia