Fargesia sp. Jiuzhaigou IX photos?

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

wufeng
Location info: 0
Location: My plants grows in Prague and another 3 places in The Czech republic, zone 6.

Re: Fargesia sp. Jiuzhaigou IX photos?

Post by wufeng »

Mr.Bean wrote: Looks like a need to take a closer look at 2 and 10, as well.
I like them so I hope will be good in another gardens too. If I omit clone number 1 what is very nice and useful plant, I am satisfied with clones 5, 8 and 4.

Number 5 is the smallest one, and the most hardy from all clones i have.

Number 8 is middle sized clone with columnar habit.

Number 4 is overhanging, but when regurarly trimmed, looks nice.

Clones 3, 6, 7 and 11 fail. Less hardy and vigorous in comparation with above mentioned. 11 is a sick plant. A top part of the new stems often died in the first year.

http://bambusy.info/?bambus:Fargesia-sp.-Jiuzhaigou
I am engaged in pages about hardy bamboos in Czech language - http://bambusy.info/.
wind-borne

Post by wind-borne »

wufeng wrote:
wind-borne wrote:wufeng

Wasn’t until later I researched 9’s growth habits. Will be curious how I feel in a couple years. So far have enjoyed the green to brown to maroon to purple transitions of culm color.
Maybe in your place habitus of the plant will be different and you will have nice bamboo.
wind-borne wrote:wufeng

Funny, you mention 2 & 10 as I went down to a nursery with intention of buying a 10(for the yellow) or possibly a 2(for the purple) not knowing they had 9
In my garden, number 10 has slightly purple stems during the year, number 2 is only green changing to yellow.
That is amusing your experience runs counter to what the internet promotes for 2 and 10, and we all know personal experience is much more valuable.

Filling in the blanks of what I’ve described for 9. Although I did leave out the bloom before may as well include now as does add a dimension of color…

brown
brown.jpeg
bloom
bl2.jpeg
purple come spring
04.08.17 08.56 AM.jpg
"memory is the future of the past"
Van-isle-bamboo

Post by Van-isle-bamboo »

Great color wind-borne on that!
wufeng
Location: My plants grows in Prague and another 3 places in The Czech republic, zone 6.

Post by wufeng »

Fargesia sp. Jiuzhaigou 10. Spring 2017, newly planted part. Color is allmost yelow.

Actual winter photo. Stems have more color, i think it caused freeze and sun.

I think name 10 of this clone is right. I have it from Mr. R. Willumeit, person who personaly brought seedling from China to Europe, and it is division from his mother plant.
I am engaged in pages about hardy bamboos in Czech language - http://bambusy.info/.
Mr.Bean
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by Mr.Bean »

Wufeng, the colors in the second to last picture (close-up of the culms) are beautiful! Windborne, those number 9 photos are great, too!
Evan