Forked Boo

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Forked Boo

Post by boonut »

Thought I would share a picture of my forked Dendrocalamus Strictus. The new shoot took off like it was heading to the sky and then our winds took it down to about 5 feet. You can see the fork at the top with two identical branches of the same size.... or new culms. If you look right below that one, you can see another new branch that is almost the same size.

As you can see, I haven't thinned out my D. Strictus this year. It has a very tight clump with lots of small branches at the base.
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
Bill Howard
Location info: 0
Long-97.58W

RE: Forked Boo

Post by Bill Howard »

Allen
So what do you call this a 'DEVIL CLONE'?
You could sell it at the Austin Bamboo Festival next weekend as a 'Rare Tropical Bamboo Magic Tree'.
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

It does have a sinister look to it doesn't it...

It will be interesting to see how it develops and what the forked culm looks like at maturity.
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
Bill Howard
Location info: 0
Long-97.58W

Post by Bill Howard »

No it doesn't look evil .... I think it looks like a rabbit maybe. You could call it Rabboo... or Hareboo.