Need bamboo photos

how to take close-ups and what parts of the plants to get photos of for ID.

Moderators: David, Iowaboo, Thuja

madman
Location info: 0

Need bamboo photos

Post by madman »

Hey fellow bambuseros,

I own a small bamboo nursery in northern California and am looking for quality bamboo photos. I have a website and I am collecting bamboo faster than I can get good photos to post. I am not a good photographer.

In exchange for giving me permission to use your photos on my website, I will photo credit, per normal practice on the pages used and link back to the website/flickr account of your choice.

I average about 600 unique visitis on my website and I get hits on my site throughout the world. Most hits are in the US. So you'll get good exposure for your photography.

My web site is http://www.madmanbamboo.com, click on my plant list page, I am looking for photos where I have no linked photos on. I also will be adding about 20 more varieties I just received as well pretty soon.

If interested, please drop me an e-mail at or a PM. Thanks.

Sean
Mad Man Bamboo Nursery
(916) 300-6335
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: Need bamboo photos

Post by Roy »

madman wrote:Hey fellow bambuseros,

I own a small bamboo nursery in northern California and am looking for quality bamboo photos. I have a website and I am collecting bamboo faster than I can get good photos to post. I am not a good photographer.

In exchange for giving me permission to use your photos on my website, I will photo credit, per normal practice on the pages used and link back to the website/flickr account of your choice.

I average about 600 unique visitis on my website and I get hits on my site throughout the world. Most hits are in the US. So you'll get good exposure for your photography.

My web site is http://www.madmanbamboo.com, click on my plant list page, I am looking for photos where I have no linked photos on. I also will be adding about 20 more varieties I just received as well pretty soon.

If interested, please drop me an e-mail at or a PM. Thanks.

Sean
Mad Man Bamboo Nursery
(916) 300-6335

Mad Man,

I'm speaking only for myself, but since I solicited a lot people to let Bambooweb.info use their pictures, then I feel I should have some input on your request.

When we first started Bambooweb.info, we needed pictures for the image gallery. I solicited various bamboo sites around the world in an attempt to get them to let us use their pictures. In return, Bambooweb.info would provide a link back to their website. As our gallery got more and more images on it, and was getting more and more exposure, then the solicitation became easier, even to extent that some were asking us to use their pictures.

From my standpoint, there is no way I would feel it would be OK for us to say you could use their pictures. Now, individuals have uploaded some good pictures at Bambooweb.info, and if they wanted to give you permission to use their pictures, then that would be perfectly fine.
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
madman

Post by madman »

Hi Roy,

Thanks for the perspective. I intend to do this in the most appropriate way possible and in no way am looking to compromise bambooweb's photo database (which is second to none). That said, I am looking for individuals that own their own photos to be willing to exchange, that's all, the best way to reach people who love bamboo is through bambooweb that's why I started here. Not looking for anything to do with compromising bambooweb's photos. If you want, I'd be willing to share the photos I receive with you for review purposes, before I post, so that you can ensure that bambooweb is not being compromised, just let me know, I'm more than happy to do it. Thanks Roy.

Sean
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Post by Roy »

madman wrote:Hi Roy,

Thanks for the perspective. I intend to do this in the most appropriate way possible and in no way am looking to compromise bambooweb's photo database (which is second to none). That said, I am looking for individuals that own their own photos to be willing to exchange, that's all, the best way to reach people who love bamboo is through bambooweb that's why I started here. Not looking for anything to do with compromising bambooweb's photos. If you want, I'd be willing to share the photos I receive with you for review purposes, before I post, so that you can ensure that bambooweb is not being compromised, just let me know, I'm more than happy to do it. Thanks Roy.

Sean
Sean,

You have my permission to use any of my pictures on Bambooweb.info. I usually put in the location something like this:

Florida's Suncoast, Tampa, Florida, USA----------Tampa, Florida, USA-----------Picture by Roy Rogers etc

If you have any doubts whether the picture is mine or not, then just email me. The only exchange I would like to see is for you to upload some of your pics to Bambooweb.info. You may already have some of your pics in the gallery.

Roy
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
madman

Post by madman »

Roy,

You got it, sounds good to me. I'll post some photos of mine this weekend. I appreciate your generosity with using your photos and all the time you and the others have put into bambooweb, its a great resource. Thanks again. :D

Sean