Woodchucks (aka groundhogs)

Controlling pests of bamboo

Moderator: needmore

foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: RE: Woodchucks (aka groundhogs)

Post by foxd »

dudley wrote:i could make a living like that?
You probably could. You set up a nonprofit organization to function as a tax shelter and accept "donations" so you aren't tied directly to your clients. The organization can then invest the "donations" and any earnings are tax-free. Since you control the purse strings of the organization, you decide how much you get paid.

Of course there is a lot of background work you don't normally see. One just doesn't wade in and start denying without some overall strategy and goals. There is the development of your fee structure. The constant monitoring of the actual Science looking for any detail that can be twisted to your purposes or any event that you must have a denial ready for. For example: Deniers already have "Four feet of sea level rise per century is perfectly normal and well within the range of historic variability when you consider sea levels over the past 100,000 years."
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
dependable
Location info: 0

RE: Woodchucks (aka groundhogs)

Post by dependable »

Actually the ground tunneling rodents serve an important function in nature airating soil and spreading nutrients . It sucks when they eat your garden or your new boo stand, but try to keep it in perspective, If we were to cull the most annoying and destructive creatures, it would be us so called humans.
Last edited by dependable on Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
rfgpitt
Location info: 24

Post by rfgpitt »

dependable,
Here's a quote from the Matrix:
I'd like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species, and I realised that humans are not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment; but you humans do not. Instead you multiply, and multiply, until every resource is consumed. The only way for you to survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern... a virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer on this planet, you are a plague, and we... are the cure.
Rick
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

anyone who believes that kind of tripe has probalby not taken even the most basic of biology. :lol:
needmore

Post by needmore »

ghmerrill wrote:anyone who believes that kind of tripe has probalby not taken even the most basic of biology. :lol:
Gene, there is on-going research that is suggesting a common link between humans and virus - and I'm not a Matrix fan, but have read some material on this.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

needmore wrote:
ghmerrill wrote:anyone who believes that kind of tripe has probalby not taken even the most basic of biology. :lol:
Gene, there is on-going research that is suggesting a common link between humans and virus - and I'm not a Matrix fan, but have read some material on this.
as in we catch them often????? :lol:

actually, I should have been more clear- it was this part of the line from Matrix- "Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment; but you humans do not"

lemmings come to mind. of course, mass migration to the point of drowing could be streched to the point of "instinctive natural equilibrium"

actually, any animal, not just mammals instinctively fill thier environment, which is why we have the boom/bust cycles of animal life in nature- they build until there are too many, then decline, then begin to build again.
all you have to do is take a look at our economy today, and you see that same cycle. we cannot escape the natural world, even though we are more capable of manipulating it than any other mammal.
bamboozal

Post by bamboozal »

ghmerrill wrote:...
lemmings come to mind. of course, mass migration to the point of drowing could be streched to the point of "instinctive natural equilibrium"
Actually, those lemmings that jumped off that cliff in that Disney "documentary" was staged.
See http://www.wildlifenews.alaska.gov/inde ... cles_id=56

:shock:
cheers,
Adrian.
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

good thing I dont watch disney

really, some do die in mass migrations, drowing trying to cross rivers, etc. even without people herding them off cliffs for cinematic glory.
dependable

Post by dependable »

Well, since we're getting into it, Many folks think humans are a hybrid between indigenous animals and alien genetics, either naturally or artificially introduced & possibly engineered. These are not my views, but the more I watch our race, the more I wonder. I guess I should insert a smiley face here but...Next time you can't sleep, listen to Coast to Coast radio. The fact that millions of us believe this is true, and it is no more absurd than many" mainsteam" religous docturns ... well I guess I weigh in on the side of proven science, ..But who do we trust?
foxd

Post by foxd »

There is one broascast of Coast to Coast I would love to have a copy of, unfortunately it is the one that they decided to censor and removed it from the archives. Talk about a cover-up! :twisted:

The guest were the real Paul Doré (as opposed to the fake one) and the artist Robert A.M. Stephens. Ganging up on them were Richard Hoaxland and Art Bell. It all went horribly wrong with the guests not saying what they wanted them to say, Art then pulled the plug and the rest of the program consisted of Art and Richard bad mouthing their guests.

That broadcast was buried deeper than episodes of "Heil Honey I'm Home!"
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
dependable

Post by dependable »

I guess I missed that one. Art could get a little snippy if things wern't going his way. Anyway, a lot of people believe a lot of stuff.
needmore

Post by needmore »

Here is a link to the research I had recalled reading about the potential virus human link. Warning - you will need strong stimulants to read this unless you share my nerd gene.....

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/mar/un ... tart:int=0
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
foxd

Post by foxd »

dependable wrote:I guess I missed that one. Art could get a little snippy if things wern't going his way. Anyway, a lot of people believe a lot of stuff.
This was more than a little snippy and it occured late in 1997. I learned a lot of from the whole situation since I found myself in the position of most of the pieces of the puzzle and learned how to get more of the pieces. Of course nobody seemed to think about security on their websites back then and I found out the most amazing things.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

needmore wrote:Here is a link to the research I had recalled reading about the potential virus human link. Warning - you will need strong stimulants to read this unless you share my nerd gene.....

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/mar/un ... tart:int=0
as opposed to the Nerd, Gene??? :lol: