How I trick squirrels into leaving my bambo shoots alone

Controlling pests of bamboo

Moderator: needmore

JWH
Location info: 0

Re: How I trick squirrels into leaving my bambo shoots alone

Post by JWH »

My cat loves to hunt voles, yesterday she finally caught one of the little $&@%ers thats eaten 90% of my tulip bulbs. She catches and kills them immediately, plays with the corpse for awhile, then eats only the front half.

Happy cat showing off her catch.
Tarzanus

Post by Tarzanus »

Way to go!

I just remembered... we don't have squirrels, or at least I thought so. A couple of weeks ago my dog ran into high grass and chased a squirrel that started screaming with it's squeeky noise. It looks like something is attracting squirrels. Hopefully not young tender shoots...
rickw
Location info: 84
Location: Theodore, AL, just south of I-10 and 1 mile from Mobile Bay, barely 8b

Post by rickw »

They're back at my place and chewed the top out of a 2" Japanese Timber shoot. I'll be buying peppers in the morning, but if one these suckers shows itself tomorrow there will be one less squirrel.
dependable

Post by dependable »

I use a product called 'mole scram' on my customers' lawns that have mole or vole damage. It has castor oil, citronella and a few other things. Does a good job of driving them off, not too toxic to use in residential situations(kids, pets, non target wildlife).