Vole control

Controlling pests of bamboo

Moderator: needmore

Tarzanus
Location info: 0

Vole control

Post by Tarzanus »

I should make her start teaching other dogs to hunt for voles as effectively as she does. Today she got more than 6 voles - I'm not watching all the time but I would if I could. :twisted:
Vole control
ShmuBamboo

Re: Vole control

Post by ShmuBamboo »

My cat can catch and eat 2 or 3 voles a day here. Only effective control that I have found. They keep coming back from the fields and forests around my property, but he keeps the local population down. He loves to eat freshly killed vole.
Happy trails...
Tarzanus

Re: Vole control

Post by Tarzanus »

We've had one that was hunting most of the time. It was an old no one and everyone's cat. He was outside all the time and got invited inside during the worst cold during the winter. He also managed to get them effectively, despite having only one good eye. He would bring the voles, made sure we saw how good hunter he is and then eat them whole, leaving just bile which he surgically removed. He was the only cat that never ran from my dog and they were friends from the beginning when she came. She never chased him (he would not run, he would rather just use gentle boxing gloves with no claws and fight), but they could stare at each other for hours. :D She still does the same staring game with cats that don't feel like running. She plays catch with other cats and if they run, she loves to chase them even more. That way, there are more voles for her, because cats usually keep a distance. :D
Aaah, rest in peace mr. cat :)