BAMBOOWEB.INFO
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:13 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Source List Editors
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America
The votes have been counted and Ted Meredith and I are the new Source list editors. :wav:
That also means that you all have become proofreaders for next years Source list :downtown:

We plan on following a fixed schedule so there will not be any last minute hand editing that creates problems and the first draft of the pdf file will be posted here so you can proof read it hopefully we will correct the problems before it goes to press.

The "bamboo 411" page that Chris S mentioned in 2005 http://bambooweb.info/bb/viewtopic.php?t=54 will also be added with the name of bamboos not on the species list and any source that currently has the plant or will have it available in the near future.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for the list this is the place to be heard.

Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:51 pm 

Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A> Location Details
bambooweb wrote:
The votes have been counted and Ted Meredith and I are the new Source list editors. :wav:
That also means that you all have become proofreaders for next years Source list :downtown:

We plan on following a fixed schedule so there will not be any last minute hand editing that creates problems and the first draft of the pdf file will be posted here so you can proof read it hopefully we will correct the problems before it goes to press.

The "bamboo 411" page that Chris S mentioned in 2005 http://bambooweb.info/bb/viewtopic.php?t=54 will also be added with the name of bamboos not on the species list and any source that currently has the plant or will have it available in the near future.

If you have any ideas or suggestions for the list this is the place to be heard.

Bill

Congratulation! Sorry I missed going to the polls. I was vacationing at the beach and couldn't get back to the polls before they closed. You and Ted still have my support though. :lol:

Not quite sure how Chris was using the number "411"? Perhaps I need a British English to Southern North American English. :D

STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:06 am 
Site Admin

Roy,
"411" is the phone number for information. :)
Bill

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:13 am 

Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A> Location Details
bambooweb wrote:
Roy,
"411" is the phone number for information. :)
Bill

I understand that part, but I though perhaps I was missing something that was perhaps local to Britain.

I used to be smart enough to not ask dumb questions, but I got over it and now....... :lol:

STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:29 pm 

Location: SE England, UK 400ft Zone 8/7 Low usually 28F, -4C (-10, -12, -14, -1, -6C last 5); High 90F, 32C
Nothing British about it really, not in origin anyway. Over here it would be 118.

It is used as "The 411" as in "What's the 411?" meaning:

"The latest scoop or information" (Hip Hoptionary - The Dictionary of Hip Hop Terminology)

"Information or knowledge, especially when acquired by word of mouth" (The American Heritage Dictionary)

So page 411 is where you find all the newest (and least reliable) information.