Exchanges List

Moderator: needmore

ocimum_nate
Location info: 0
Location: American Fork, Utah High Desert, elevation 4566 feet, zone 5 or 6 depending on which source.

Exchanges List

Post by ocimum_nate »

Is there any way to make a list of plants available for trade from our personal plant lists and build a list of available plants which you can click on which leads to another list of the members who have the plant to trade, so that trades could be a bit easier to find someone with the plants you want?
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

RE: Exchanges List

Post by bambooweb »

Good idea and it should not take long to do, but you will have to remind me when the site is working again and I am in a better mood :lol:

Bill
mantis
Location info: 22

Re: RE: Exchanges List

Post by mantis »

bambooweb wrote:Good idea and it should not take long to do, but you will have to remind me when the site is working again and I am in a better mood :lol:

Bill
So now isn't the time to remind you to make the bamboo names in user's plant lists linked to the picture database? :laughing1:
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

:angryfire: :tongue:
ocimum_nate
Location: American Fork, Utah High Desert, elevation 4566 feet, zone 5 or 6 depending on which source.

Post by ocimum_nate »

Are you in a better mood yet? Or is this something that I should wait a month or so to ask again?
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

Let's give Bill some space and enjoy his creation. This is a lot of work. Let me say that again... a lot of WORK!! He has thousands of folks with ideas on how he can spend his time.

I think I know how to fix his mood. He is a boo nut right? Let's get together and donate a boo he really, really wants. I'll bet that turns his frown upside down.

Thanks for all the work Bill. The "behind the scenes" work of keeping the site going and keeping spammers out... and working with IPower Web... and customizing everything takes a lot of time and patience. You are doing a great job. You just have us spoiled. [/b]
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Post by Roy »

boonut wrote:Let's give Bill some space and enjoy his creation. This is a lot of work. Let me say that again... a lot of WORK!! He has thousands of folks with ideas on how he can spend his time.

I think I know how to fix his mood. He is a boo nut right? Let's get together and donate a boo he really, really wants. I'll bet that turns his frown upside down.

Thanks for all the work Bill. The "behind the scenes" work of keeping the site going and keeping spammers out... and working with IPower Web... and customizing everything takes a lot of time and patience. You are doing a great job. You just have us spoiled. [/b]
I'm sure he's thinking of the ABS Internet Auctions coming up very soon and also the ABS Source List additions, corrections, and etc. If anyone has any Source List suggestions, be sure and put them here:

http://bambooweb.info/bb/viewforum.php?f=15
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

Currently I am getting the auction preview page done and it should be up tonight. I also have two paying jobs that I need to finish this week but I should be out of the hole that I am in next week.

Bill
P.S. 39 plants so far for the auction.
mantis

Post by mantis »

bambooweb wrote:Currently I am getting the auction preview page done and it should be up tonight.
Bill
P.S. 39 plants so far for the auction.
8) I see you got quite a few plants up for preview.

IIRC last year there were 44 plants, and considering we are still over 3 weeks out from the auction there is a good chance to surpass last years total. :thumbleft:
Roy

Post by Roy »

mantis wrote:
8) I see you got quite a few plants up for preview.

IIRC last year there were 44 plants, and considering we are still over 3 weeks out from the auction there is a good chance to surpass last years total. :thumbleft:
Mantis,

I can tell you are already to start bidding! :lol:
Roy Rogers
mantis

Post by mantis »

Roy wrote: Mantis,

It would take something amazing to get me to bid this year. Last year my yard only had 5 boo in it leading up to the auction. This year it has over 20. I am simply out of room. :(
Roy

Post by Roy »

mantis wrote:
Roy wrote: Mantis,

It would take something amazing to get me to bid this year. Last year my yard only had 5 boo in it leading up to the auction. This year it has over 20. I am simply out of room. :(
Time to start looking around in your neighbor's yard for a planting spot. :lol:
Roy Rogers
mr.mike

Post by mr.mike »

Don't feel to crowded Mantis. Three years ago I had just one bamboo (B. vulgaris vitatta). I now have about 50 in the ground here at my home and another 15 @ friends homes and another 12 still in pots w. no where to plant them. This is why I'm looking for a couple or three acres.
Be careful with all of those boos. My back yard is dark @ high noon :shock: !

Mike
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

OK. I have thought about it for a while and what do you guys think about moving the plant list to the "Profile" page and adding a button to each plant row?

For each plant in your plant list you could click on the button to open a list of people that either has plants to trades or wants the plant depending on if you have the plant to trade or want it. You could then click on someone's name and it would take you to their Profile/Plant List.

Bill
rfgpitt
Location info: 24

Post by rfgpitt »

Sounds great to me. Might be nice if you could also put in a list of people who just are "Growing" the plant because people don't always update to "have to trade". With the lack of rain this year and my plants at my parents, this could come in useful!

Thanks,
Rick