another Photo posting question

Moderator: needmore

dependable
Location info: 0

another Photo posting question

Post by dependable »

Hi, I am having trouble posting photos I open my photo file, browse, & open picture I wanted to add, upload. Get notice that file is too big. Obviously I am missing something. how to insert image? what does http://_url stand for. Sorry to be so clueless, there seems to be a step I am missing, thanks, Jon
dudley
Location info: 44
zone 9a/b
right between too cold & not cold enough

Re: another Photo posting question

Post by dudley »

I never could get the hang of that.I find it much easier to upload to a photo bucket account, then just copy the IMG code into my post.my kids got tired of trying to teach me the other way.
"Plants are people just like us"
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Re: another Photo posting question

Post by Alan_L »

The step you're missing is to resize your image file so its resolution and filesize are smaller than the maximum allowed here. Not particularly difficult if you have an image viewing application that allows you to resize. Google's Picasa lets you resize when you "export" the images. That's what I do, even when I use the "upload to Photobucket" method.

Experiment as much as you want, but use the "preview" button instead of the "submit" button. When it's working the way you think it should, try posting to the "test" section of the forum.