Photo post error

Moderator: needmore

fredgpops
Location info: 0
Location: plus 700ft in the Santa Cruz Mtns, 8 miles from the Pacific
35 miles S. of San Jose

Photo post error

Post by fredgpops »

Just posted a picture for Shibataea kumasaca albostriata. It should have been Sinobambusa tootsik albostriata Pls correct or delete the post. Would be nice to have the ability to make corrections to the photo post section. Thanks/Rgds Fred
fredgpops
35 miles S. of San Jose

Re: Photo post error

Post by fredgpops »

Anyone home? If you want photos fed to the site get off the dime and respond. I'm probably the biggest contributor to the photo section of the website. I don't want special consideration, just a vehicle to post and educate. I've pretty much dropped out of the forum and ready to call it quits in total. Last call.
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

Fred,
Sorry but I have been having a hard time keeping up with work, the ABS and here.
I you have any more problems feel free to email me directly.

Thanks,
Bill
fredgpops
35 miles S. of San Jose

Post by fredgpops »

Bill - I prefer not to have to bug you to make simple corrections. Can't you make a program change so the submitted can edit/fix errors? Also, does ABS have the ability to post photos? Sounds/looks like this website has serious issues. Rgds
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

Fred,
I have been working on a way to log in so a person can make changes to the photos they submit but I only have so much time. I am thankful that we have some volunteers that can help out on the forum but the rest of the site I am working on in my free time. If you could find a president for the ABS I would have more time to volunteer here. :) Right now we have 2 VPs that are having a hard time keeping up.

Bill
fredgpops
35 miles S. of San Jose

Post by fredgpops »

Sorry for the hassle. As indicated I don't want to make your life more difficult. You have been a warrior on this site. Kudos to the volunteers as well but the experience on any site needs to be fast and hassle free. I have continued to cut my posts, except for photos, down. I'm close to cutting the cord. To me, the site has to provide a learning experience. I have remained a member because one picture is worth a thousand words. The photo gallery is really worth it's weight in gold to those in want of bamboo knowledge. My guess - and I hope I'm wrong - is that few who exercise the site, rarely access the photos. My deal is that I want to provide others a positive experience and a means to learn via my photos. Once I feel that this is the wrong forum to provide a learning experience and/or it's too cumbersome, then I have to move on. I'll hang in there for awhile but.. Thanks again for your support - I really do appreciate your long, on-going, multi-tasking. RGds
Tarzanus

Post by Tarzanus »

I think that at the moment only attached pictures work. Either someone disabled loading of external images or it got disabled during an update.