Post and Discuss bamboo events.

Moderator: needmore

bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

2011 ABS Auction

Post by bambooweb »

I received this from Jim Bonner. Note that this year you can donate plant to the online auction only or online then live auction.

The auction plants will be viewable starting in September as donations come in. The web auction will then start on September 25th and run till October 8th, then it will conclude at the live auction on October 15th.

The national conference will be held this year in Lafayette, LA on Oct 13-16, 2011. Once again we will be soliciting donations for our bamboo related plant and item sale. This sale is our premier fund raiser for the year and helps to provide critically needed funding to support our bamboo educational opportunities throughout the year as well as other day to day needs. We ask that you give generously so that we can continue to provide you with all of your bamboo related services provided through the ABS.

This year we ask that you look through your plant collections and consider donating at least 2 or more plants plus any bamboo related item to go into either online auction, live auction or silent auction.

Consider at least one plant that is unusual or rare plus one of the more common bamboo plants. Hard goods could include bamboo themed art work, clothing, books, craft work, etc.

We are hoping to schedule the auction so that it may be open to the public this year if our itinerary permits. This will allow a larger pool of funding to factor into our auction this year. With the possible added pool of attendees at the auction, more common bamboo plants will provide individuals without a vast knowledge of bamboo plants to participate in the auction and broaden the enthusiasm for bamboos in general.

This year if you can consider providing two of the same species we will offer one for our online auction and the other at our live auction. This will provide an opportunity for our online bidders who can’t attend the live auction to bid and win with their online bids, lessening the chance of wining a bid online only to lose it at the live auction.

Also this year we will allow you to choose whether you prefer the item to go to the online auction only, live auction only or both. Proxy bidding will be available again this year with an opportunity for live auction only items to be bid by proxy as well.

You will be given the choice of shipping your items directly to the customer, to the conference or hand carry to the conference. We ask that you take the time to fill in the form on the next page as soon as possible in order to provide us with the information needed to have the items posted.

The deadline for submitting items to the auction list is Oct 1, 2011. Any item submitted after the deadline will only be considered for the silent auction and not the live auction, including hand carried items. Plants that are shipped to the live auction must be received between Sep. 26 and Oct 7. Items received outside of this window will cannot be accepted and will be returned at the shipper’s expense.

Please note that all donations are tax deductible

The address to ship plants and non plant items for the live auction is

LGCC-ABS National Auction
Attn: James Bonner
642 Columbine Ln SW
Brookhaven, MS 39601

601-833-3937

Thank you for your generous support,

Jim Bonner
LGCC-ABS National Director
bambooweb
Site Admin

Re: 2011 ABS Auction

Post by bambooweb »

The on-line auction has started.
I have the On-Line only plant donations up and will be adding more auctions through the day.

Bill
foxd
Location info: 21

Post by foxd »

My wife made a couple of Bamboo bead necklaces for the auction hat she would like to donate. What do we need to do to submit them?
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
needmore
Location info: 0

Post by needmore »

So are the auctions currently up, going to go to the highest on-line bidder? Are you going to keep the live auction plants separate from the on-line auction?

I have some common plants I could donate, Sasa oshidensis maybe a Sasa megalophylla, Bissetii but it will be tough for me to get photos very soon do you want to list them w/o photos? I don't think I have anything else in a shippable size.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

The online only auctions state online only at the start of the description.
I have been working 12 hour days on the road and trying to keep up with the ABS stuff so I have not had time to separate out the online only auctions so I put the auctions up as they came in.
I will be out next week so I won't be able to add any more online auctions although I was able to add two today.
To donate items to the ABS auction contact Jim Bonner at

Note: after the conference Ariel Dubov will be taking over bamboo.org so I will have more time to spend here.

Bill
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

Today I got 3 more plants for the auction. Sorry I did not have time to put more information on the auctions.

Bill
fredgpops
Location info: 0
Location: plus 700ft in the Santa Cruz Mtns, 8 miles from the Pacific
35 miles S. of San Jose

Post by fredgpops »

Was a final result (plant/winning bid) ever posted? Rgds
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

Fred,
I forgot to post the results.
These are the results from the plants that were in the on-line auction and the plants that were duplicates of the online only plants.
Donor Name................title......................................................................bid
Bamboo Gardens..........Borinda frigidorum 1gal.............................................95
Bamboo Gardens..........Chusquea delicatula 2 gal........................................130
Bamboo Gardens..........Fargesia dracocephala 'White Dragon'1gal.....................40
Bamboo Gardens..........Fargesia Sp Tabashan II 1 gal...................................106
Bamboo Gardens..........Fargesia sp. 'Jiuzhaigou Genf' 1gal.............................130
Bamboo Gardens..........Fargesia sp. 'Jiuzhaigou IV' 1gal..................................85
Bamboo Gardens..........Fargesia sp. 'Jiuzhaigou X' 1gal....................................55
Bamboo Gardens..........Phyllostachys aurea 'Dr Don' 2gal.................................45
Bamboo Gardens..........Phyllostachys parvifolia 5 gallon...................................75
Bamboo Gardens..........Phyllostachys vivax 'Huangwenzhu Inversa'....................85
Bamboo Sourcery.........Chimonobambusa tumidissinoda - 5 gal - Online Only........30
Bamboo Sourcery.........Chimonobambusa tumidissinoda - 5 gal - live..................25
Bamboo Sourcery.........Chimonocalamus pallens - 1 gallon - Online Only..............35
Bamboo Sourcery.........Chimonocalamus pallens - 1 gallon - live........................10
Bamboo Sourcery.........Phyllostachys viridis 'Houzeau' - 5 gallon - live................40
Bamboo Sourcery.........Phyllostachys viridis 'Houzeau' - 5 gallon - Online Only......35
Bamboo Sourcery.........Phyllostachys vivax 'Aureocaulis' - 5 gallon - live.............10
Bamboo Sourcery.........Phyllostachys vivax 'Aureocaulis' - 5 gallon - Online Only..35
Fred Irvine..................Bambusa multiplex 'Longfellow' - 1 gal...........................15
Matt Finstrom.............Guadua velutina, 2011 seedlings, 1g - Online Only............75
Matt Finstrom.............Guadua velutina, 2011 seedlings, 1g - Live.....................30
Susanne Lucas............Neomicrocalamus andropogonifolius...............................80
Bamboo Bend..............Phyllostachys hispida - 2gal - Online Only......................50
Bamboo Bend..............Phyllostachys hispida - 2gal - Live................................30
Bamboo Headquarters...BAMBUSA NANA 3gal..................................................50
Bamboo Headquarters...PHY vivax Aureocaulis 3gal..........................................35
Bamboo Headquarters...SASA tsuboiana Bamboo Select 3gal.............................12
Susanne Lucas............Bambusa ventricosa \'Kimmei\' - 2 Gal...........................15
Susanne Lucas............Eremitis sp. 1 gal pot...............................................110