Anderson moso grove cleanup

Post and Discuss bamboo events.

Moderator: needmore

bamboothew
Location info: 0

Anderson moso grove cleanup

Post by bamboothew »

Does anyone know if the ABS is still doing the annual grooming/cleanup in Anderson? Seems like they did it the first Saturday in March every year but can't find any info about it happening last year nor any plans for this year. I would love to go help this year and meet some boo-folks in the process!
God Bless,

Matthew

===============================

Genesis 2:8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed.
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: Anderson moso grove cleanup

Post by bambooweb »

I asked Tom Harlow and he forwarded my question to Tracy Cato. Here is Tracy's reply.
That is one of the things I hope to discuss at the meeting this weekend, depending on who shows up. My preference is to try and schedule one this fall rather than the traditional spring date that we've done in the past. Fall is generally a slower time for me and for most of the nursery folks as well......also maybe better for the bamboo so we're not stepping on new shoots. Anyway, I'll see what the others have to say and will post to bambooweb and the SEC website when/if we set a date. Feel free to share any of this on bambooweb if you want. Thanks,

Tracy
Here is the announcement for this weekend's meeting from Tom.
Bamboo Farm and Coastal Gardens Clean Up
When: February 11, 2012

Where: Bamboo Farm and Coastal Gardens Savannah, GA
2 Canebrake Road, Savannah, GA

The chapter is sponsoring a clean up day at the Bamboo Farm and Coastal Gardens on February 11th, 2012. The clean up will begin at 9:00am and run throughout the day.

Our upcoming annual meeting will feature a tour of BFCG’s new Bamboo Artifacts Museum, which contains over 550 bamboo items recently returned to their Savannah home after a 32-year absence. We hope to have a representative of BFCG talk a little about the history of the collection and how it finally came home to Georgia.

We will also continue our work helping to maintain the historic groves at BFCG with an afternoon work-party.

For those of you from out of town, overnight camping on the Bamboo Farm property will be available to participants who wish to do so. Restrooms are available and we are currently looking into showers. Of course for those of you not inclined to roughing it, there are numerous lodging accommodations within two miles of the farm. If you are interested in camping out at the Bamboo Farm please contact Tracy Cato at 706-255-4901 to make arrangements.

This is a one day event so please come join us and join in the fun.
Bill
bamboothew

Post by bamboothew »

Thanks, Bill!
God Bless,

Matthew

Genesis 2:8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Matthew and all,

We are still considering a fall Anderson cleanup date. To help us gauge interest in this, how many people here would be interested in participating in a late October/early November workday? Thanks,

Tracy
Tracy Cato
Thigpen Trail Bamboo Farm
6273 Thigpen Trail
Doerun, GA 31744
706-255-4901
www.thigpentrailbamboo.com
bamboothew

Post by bamboothew »

Tracy wrote:Matthew and all,

We are still considering a fall Anderson cleanup date. To help us gauge interest in this, how many people here would be interested in participating in a late October/early November workday? Thanks,

Tracy
I would certainly be interested.
God Bless,

Matthew