bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

2006 American Bamboo Society Annual Meeting

Post by bambooweb »

From Kim Higbie.
Note: Register soon for reduced price.

REGISTRATION for the October conference is NOW OPEN! Online registration (highly recommended) is available through the University of Hawai?i at Hilo via the ABS web site: americanbamboo.org. The conference web site will continue to be updated with additional details, information, and changes.

THE DEADLINE FOR EARLY REGISTRATION IS JULY 19TH, 2006 (MIDNIGHT HST). Early Registration is $225, after July 19th it will be $ 275.

If you cannot register on-line, you may call in your registration information (808) 974-7555. Please keep in mind that Hawai?i is 1 hour earlier than California, 5 hours EARLIER than the U.S. East Coast.

Additional Questions (beyond personal data and payment info):

Will you have any guests ($30.00 each) at the Opening Reception 6:00 p.m. Thurs, Oct. 19th?
Will you have any guests ($55.00 each) at the Closing Dinner 6:30 p.m. Sat, Oct 21st?
Will you participate in the pre-conference field trip (PUNA) ($75.00) Thurs, Oct. 19th?
Will you participate in the post-conference field trip (HAMAKUA & WAIMAEA) Sun, Oct. 22nd? (For both field trips, participation is reserved for conference registrants only, and has limited capacity- register early!)
Would you like to purchase a bamboo fiber conference T-shirt ($20.00); if so how many and what size?

CONFERENCE HOTEL ? HILO HAWAIIAN

A limited number of rooms have been reserved for conference attendees. Standard Garden View $88.00 plus tax, per night (regularly $161.00 +), or Deluxe Ocean View $99.00 plus tax, per night (regularly ($211.00 +); either with 1 King or 2 doubles, maximum persons 4 with existing bedding. The conference rate is applicable from October 15th through the 25th. You must tell them you are with the bamboo conference to secure these rates. Call the hotel directly (808) 935-9361, or register by fax (form available on-line at registration site).

VENDOR SPACE STILL AVAILABLE

Space is limited and available on a first-come, first serve basis. Vendors will be provided with approximately 10 X 10 feet of space, 1 (6-foot) table, and 2 chairs. The Vendor fee is $150. Some electrical outlets available, please be sure to specify if you need one.

AUCTION DONATIONS

We are requesting ?anything of, depicting, about, or used for or with? bamboo? donations for the auction. Emphasis is on ?fits in a suitcase? material, but not restricted to that. Send to Kim Higbie, PO Box 107, Hakalau, HI 96710. USPS Priority Mail is the most cost effective and timely way. If you must ship Fed Ex or UPS: Kim Higbie, 29-160 Io Place, Hakalau, HI 96710 (Io, meaning hawk in Hawaiian, is pronounced ?eee oh?, NOT ?ten?). PLEASE DO NOT SHIP LIVE PLANTS! Bill Hollenback is organizing an on-line auction for live plants for the continental U.S., more info to follow.

REGRETS AND CHEERS

We are very sorry that Oscar Hidalgo will not be joining us in October, due to health considerations. No one (or two) could replace him in person or our hearts, but Durnford Dart will be our keynote speaker, and that makes us smile already!

This conference is made possible with Support from Hawai`i Department of Agriculture, University of Hawai`i Hilo Conference Center, Hawai`i Chapter of the American Bamboo Society, and Hawai`i County Research & Development. Additional support would be welcome ? and it is tax deductible!
Please contact Kim Higbie at bamboos@coconut-wireless.net or (808) 963-6882 if you want to sell, donate, support, or question?
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

RE: 2006 American Bamboo Society Annual Meeting

Post by Iowaboo »

If I could only walk on water................... :(
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

Is anyone else here going :?:

Bill
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: RE: 2006 American Bamboo Society Annual Meeting

Post by Roy »

bambooweb wrote:Is anyone else here going :?:

Bill
Now if we could just get someone to rig up a live audio and video feed back to the mainland, then the final stages of the auction could be viewed and the winner of the Internet Auction could then bid against those present at the auction.

Sorry to steal someones thunder. I think that's planned for next year. :)
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
BooKing
Location info: 0

Post by BooKing »

I could use some R&R after plant collecting around Oregon and Washington for 2 weeks...might have to think about getting an October tan. 8)
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

Roy,

I had been thinking about taking a webcam to the board meeting :lol:

BooKing,
It's not to late to get a plant ticket. I know that you have meet at least 4 people that are attending.

Bill
BooKing
Location info: 0

Post by BooKing »

I have a Japanese maple society convention meeting the end of next week
for a few days...if I haven't planted myself out-I'll try and make the ABS meeting. It's tough being a plantaholic. :lol: