Bambusa tuldoides and Bambusa textilis

Moderator: needmore

mantis
Location info: 22

Re: RE: Bambusa tuldoides and Bambusa textilis

Post by mantis »

Roy wrote:
Sure you can. It's call Fall planting. You're only slightly colder than Tampa and you can plant the more cold hardy bamboos. When we plant in the Fall or Winter on the SunCoast, we have to make sure we keep the plants watered because Fall, Winter, Spring is consider the dry season on the SunCoast.
Most of my plants waiting to go in are not very cold tolerant (B. lako, B. v. 'Wamin', Mexican weeping, B. doli. 'Green stripe'). I do have a B. m. 'Alphonse Karr' sitting in a pot though...
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: RE: Bambusa tuldoides and Bambusa textilis

Post by Roy »

mantis wrote:
Roy wrote:
Sure you can. It's call Fall planting. You're only slightly colder than Tampa and you can plant the more cold hardy bamboos. When we plant in the Fall or Winter on the SunCoast, we have to make sure we keep the plants watered because Fall, Winter, Spring is consider the dry season on the SunCoast.
Most of my plants waiting to go in are not very cold tolerant (B. lako, B. v. 'Wamin', Mexican weeping, B. doli. 'Green stripe'). I do have a B. m. 'Alphonse Karr' sitting in a pot though...

Yea, I see what you mean. A. Karr can go in the ground now, but Spring planting for the rest.
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST