Seed Identification

Moderator: needmore

FABLE
Location info: 0

Re: Seed Identification

Post by FABLE »

The Loan Nigra seems to be doing well in the nursery box. Don't imagine I'll have much to do for her for the next month unless she sends up an overly tall shoot. These seeds are reportedly from September 2014 so I probably shouldn't be surprised if the survivors turn out to be slow starters.

Looks like a Spiny Bambusa will be joining her shortly. This popped out in the last twelve hours. I'm warming up a sprouting cube for her now.

Still no Moso though...

I got a 50pack of each (one pack free) and will try for 3 individuals from each. But honestly if I get a single really healthy plant from each packet I'd be quite happy.
FABLE
Location info: 0

Re: Seed Identification

Post by FABLE »

This is a Moso seed next to a Nigra. Both from Tropical-Seeds on amazon.uk
Both have Sept 2014 listed as their harvest dates. Nice coincidence :D

I'm having a bit of fun photoing/documenting the earliest stages of their development. It's nice to have people come in and comment on something unfamiliar. There is surprisingly few images of early bamboo seedlings on the net too. This guy http://bamboo-seeds.blogspot has the most thorough I've been able to find.

But it doesn't feel like it belongs in the Bamboo Identification section of the forum. Think I should migrate it to another section.