Moderator: needmore

foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

RE: Bamboo Forest in Prattville,AL

Post by foxd »

Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
mantis
Location info: 22

Post by mantis »

8)
ChrisM
Location info: 0

Post by ChrisM »

That's it Mike. The woods on that side of the road is filled with boo. It is ravine-like and hilly so the big old trees in there hide the boo.
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

I downloaded google earth. Damn that's fun. I marked my bamboo, the forest, so Phyllo near me, some, B. multiplex near me, the zoo's( my old employer) boo. I can tell the imagery is about 2 years old or so, maybe more.
mantis

Re: RE: Bamboo Forest in Prattville,AL

Post by mantis »

ChrisM wrote:I downloaded google earth. Damn that's fun. I marked my bamboo, the forest, so Phyllo near me, some, B. multiplex near me, the zoo's( my old employer) boo. I can tell the imagery is about 2 years old or so, maybe more.
It updates every once and again. Since I installed it a year or so ago they have updated the sat. imagery at least once in my area.
mantis

Re: RE: Bamboo Forest in Prattville,AL

Post by mantis »

ChrisM wrote:I downloaded google earth. Damn that's fun. I marked my bamboo, the forest, so Phyllo near me, some, B. multiplex near me, the zoo's( my old employer) boo. I can tell the imagery is about 2 years old or so, maybe more.
Here is Google Earth that is a bit more than 2 years out of date... the 1790 world globe 8)

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

I can tell by my ex-neighbor's cars and construction or there lack of in town and at the zoo. In fact because of the zoo it has to be at least 3 years old. Plus I cut down two oaks in my yard and I should see a gap in the middle of my yard and I don't.
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

Google maps are pretty good... the Boonut farm is at: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... 7.69126956

Looks like the pics are from about 5 years ago.
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
Case

Re: Bamboo Forest in Prattville,AL

Post by Case »

Just checked this place out yesterday on my way back from a road trip.

Wow! This place is awesome. It is definitly worth checking out, it is very cool. I did get to see some kind of an Inversa, I only found one though. I did get some pictures so I will get them up.

One of the directions on those google maps is off, it ends you up at a dead end in a the Live Oak neighborhood.
paintapicture

Post by paintapicture »

here is a picture i took at the bamboo park
Attachments
picture from Bamboo park Prattville,Al
picture from Bamboo park Prattville,Al
Medic68w

Post by Medic68w »

I went by the Bamboo Forrest in Prattville on my way home from Florida today. It was an impressive sight to see the massive henon, viridis, and bambusoides growing along the hills there. Huge is the only word to describe the Henon and Robert Young. The only thing that really bothered me about it was the condition of the park. Fallen culms were everywhere with what seemed to be amateur hack jobs with culm tops laying about the trails. Such a unique and beautiful attraction for the city of Prattville. Makes me wish I lived closer because I would jump at the chance to volunteer as a grounds keeper there. But even with that said it was a very rewarding experience to walk amongst the 26 acres of giant bamboo and was once again left in awe of all thing Phyllostachys