Cool. Former one's have entered the palace!

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

rfgpitt
Location info: 24

converts

Post by rfgpitt »

Iowa,

You've done a good job bringing in the GardenWebbers!

I see a few more have registered
:wave:
Rick
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

Post by Iowaboo »

Ha, yeah, just trying to bring all the bamboo minds wondering around on cyberspace under one house. :cheers:
chele
Location info: 0
MTNs-.Mountain City,Tn 37683 area ,just a mile from NC/19 miles south of VA.- USDA Zone 6 Sunset 36 elavation 2500'-3000' Mountain Top-min temp -2 /..20-40F. average temp-north faceing slope mild summers seldom over 100/ 85-90 a

Post by chele »

boonatick wrote:[How does everyone feel about having some unofficial topics like ponds or conifers or palms added to the list?]

kstanwick,

Since you ask ,I personaly would like to have the non bamboo topics kept to a minimum,My reason being that I read a lot of posts from a lot of sites trying to learn as much about bamboo as possible,when I come to a bamboo site I dont want to read through a lot of non bamboo subjects,,anyway I wouldnt have said anything unless asked ,,asking where non bamboo info could be found is resonable to me such as links ect ,but I think they should be discussed for the most part elsewhere ,I already caught greif for expressing this thought on the gw but thats how I feel and you asked

I fully agree and understand..thou i do see room for a seperate section pertaining to things that can grow underneath with bamboo.
I think the uniqueness of this site should be "BAMBOO"

chele
group owner of:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bamboo_world

Co-Mod http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bamboo

Stress is when you wake up screaming and realise you haven't fallen asleep yet.

I live in my own little world,but it's okay,they know me there.
CadyG
Zone 6b

Like Kyuzo (pictured above) in "The Seven Samurai," I've "...Killed (more than) two..." bamboos.

Post by CadyG »

Hi y'all.
I just stumbled in yesterday. Refugee from iVillage. :D
Cady G.
"Killed two..." -- Seiji Miyaguchi/Kyuzo
rfgpitt

Post by rfgpitt »

cadyg,
are you the Cady mentioned on the ABS N.E. chapter site??? they cashed my check in December - after a few emails back and forth (Sue & Mike B.) I was told I would get something soon - but so far, nothing. Given that the annual meeting is @ the zoo, my wife and 18 month-old may make the trip. Have been trying to get more info.

probably not that many Cadys from Mass involved w/ bamboo......

regardless,
glad you're here
Rick
rfgpitt

Post by rfgpitt »

just so everyone doesn't think I'm an idiot....

I started reading the posts from the bottom up....

Just read your info in the events area....

Thanks
Rick
CadyG
Zone 6b

Like Kyuzo (pictured above) in "The Seven Samurai," I've "...Killed (more than) two..." bamboos.

Post by CadyG »

rfgpitt wrote:cadyg,
are you the Cady mentioned on the ABS N.E. chapter site??? they cashed my check in December - after a few emails back and forth (Sue & Mike B.) I was told I would get something soon - but so far, nothing. Given that the annual meeting is @ the zoo, my wife and 18 month-old may make the trip. Have been trying to get more info.

probably not that many Cadys from Mass involved w/ bamboo......

regardless,
glad you're here
Yup. I'm me. I'm active on the NEC board of directors (they have me shilling for vendors for the spring meeting). I put some info in the Events forum of Bambooweb, under two threads about the NEC meeting (Bill or Roy started one for the flier the zoo distributed looking for vendors for their bamboo festival, which they created to complement our spring meeting there). Go there for more information. I'm happy to provide details if you need them.

Be patient waiting for your membership info to come in the mail. We're a little slow... :) Rest assured that if they cashed your check, your name is on our active member list. They should mail you the most recent newsletter soon, email Susanne Lucas (or let me know and I'll ask her to have one sent).
Last edited by CadyG on Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cady G.
kstanwick
Location: Stillwater NJ z6a Sussex county. 20 minutes from the Del. Water Gap.

Hi Cady

Post by kstanwick »

I was wondering when you would wander over here. This forum has been getting quite large as of recent. Maybe you should invite some of the other NE people we used to talk with in GW...I know there is someone close to you but i forget who ....Anyway i always enjoyed your opinions...Just need Wild Bill....has he been active in the GW??
Kurt Stanwick
Stillwater NJ z6a

Kurt's Garden
CadyG
Zone 6b

Post by CadyG »

I know a few folks who would like this forum. One used to post on GardenWeb but hasn't been there in a long while. So happens he lives a few blocks from me and we visit each other's 'boo occasionally. I'll drop a note and tell him about Bambooweb.

WildBillGT has been away for a long time. Maybe his new house and all the bamboo possibilities have kept him preoccupied. I'll try to track him through GardenWeb. I miss his humor and tales of 'boo acquisition.
Cady G.
kstanwick
Location: Stillwater NJ z6a Sussex county. 20 minutes from the Del. Water Gap.

wild Bill

Post by kstanwick »

I remember his pics of his new house and party room....love to see what he has done since then.....He has a great sense of humor.
Kurt Stanwick
Stillwater NJ z6a

Kurt's Garden
Iowaboo

Post by Iowaboo »

I think if WildBillGT still uses forums, he might resurface in the spring/summer. I remember asking about his apparent disappearance in the winter 04/05 season when he reappeared in the spring. I think he does other hobbies/work while the plants sleep/lie dormant.

I see another member from the gw era joined:

Samman and aksarbenboo.

8)
chele
MTNs-.Mountain City,Tn 37683 area ,just a mile from NC/19 miles south of VA.- USDA Zone 6 Sunset 36 elavation 2500'-3000' Mountain Top-min temp -2 /..20-40F. average temp-north faceing slope mild summers seldom over 100/ 85-90 a

bill once again you did it..

Post by chele »

bill i think you should of told all of us in the bamboo phonix group about this forum and i would of been in here sooner....ive said in many posts in GW that this is a good group...ill do a post in our group about this site too..

i do admit i still go to the GW but it deals with alot of plants that i raise and to recruit new members from for my bamboo world :lol: and as you and i know most people seldom look very hard for other groups so ya gotta beat the weeds for some..

you done a great job...q? whats this site costing you a month? and the program?

your friend
chele
group owner of:

Iowaboo

Post by Iowaboo »

chele, go to http://bambooweb.info/Notes.html
Bill explains everything there.

8)
chele

Post by chele »

lkz5ia wrote:chele, go to http://bambooweb.info/Notes.html
Bill explains everything there.

8)
hi lance
i knew the abs wasas i am a member of the bambooweb phonix group, but i did not know it included this forum...i know before brad was most graciously paying for it before the abs..

thank you for your help

chele
group owner of:

BooKing

Post by BooKing »

Now you tell me after all my posts about the ABS :oops: :oops: