Google Docs is cool.

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

mantis
Location info: 22

Google Docs is cool.

Post by mantis »

I have been keeping a spreadsheet with a bunch of my bamboo info. I chopped it down a bit (I don't need to share my costs, etc), hyperlinked the Species name to the Bambooweb.info pic database, and then uploaded it to Google Docs. There I can retrieve and edit it anywhere that has an internet connection. You can also share, so anyone can view it, and also edit it (if you allow them too).

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... RYd22_9dYw

Definitely cool. 8)
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: Google Docs is cool.

Post by Roy »

mantis wrote:I have been keeping a spreadsheet with a bunch of my bamboo info. I chopped it down a bit (I don't need to share my costs, etc), hyperlinked the Species name to the Bambooweb.info pic database, and then uploaded it to Google Docs. There I can retrieve and edit it anywhere that has an internet connection. You can also share, so anyone can view it, and also edit it (if you allow them too).

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... RYd22_9dYw

Definitely cool. 8)
VERY COOL! I'm going to have to sit down and take a closer look at it. Good info.
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

RE: Google Docs is cool.

Post by foxd »

Definitely cool!I've moved my bamboo list to it!

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... 7Q_b12goYQ

I will probably add an "Other" page for other plants I seem to be accumulating. :?

Anybody know how to tell the difference between male and female Papaya plants?
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
needmore
Location info: 0

Post by needmore »

Dan, come out for a visit and you may be convinced to change the 'slow spreading' comment on S kumusaca! Mine is rampant and moving out fast.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
foxd

Re: RE: Google Docs is cool.

Post by foxd »

needmore wrote:Dan, come out for a visit and you may be convinced to change the 'slow spreading' comment on S kumusaca! Mine is rampant and moving out fast.
I may take you up on that this weekend, depending on how my new bamboo planting area goes. ( The largest planting tub yet is going into the ground here. )
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
foxd

Post by foxd »

I've added a couple of more pages to include Other plants I have and a list of False Bamboos. I could only come up with five species to add to the False Bamboo list, can anybody think of any more?
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Post by Roy »

foxd wrote:I've added a couple of more pages to include Other plants I have and a list of False Bamboos. I could only come up with five species to add to the False Bamboo list, can anybody think of any more?
Dang it! You came up with just the ones I was going to name! :lol: :lol:
Polygonum cuspidatum....Japanese Knotweed

Arundo donax....Giant Reed

Nandina domestica.....Heavenly Bamboo

Dracaena sanderiana.....Lucky Bamboo

Equisetum hyemele......Horsetail Rush
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
foxd

Post by foxd »

Up to eleven false bamboos on my list.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

Flashburn
Location info: 0

Post by Flashburn »

at home depot they have bamboo flooring with a lucky bamboo sitting on it .

Drives me Nutso.
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

foxd wrote:Anybody know how to tell the difference between male and female Papaya plants?
Male papaya trees can produce fruit, unlike what you might read, but you really want the female plant for fruit. Gynodioecious papayas, more commonly called bisexual lines can all produce fruit. The big papayas you see in stores almost all come from female or bisexual plants. How do you know what you have? You have to wait until the seedling is about 6 month old or so and look at the flowers. The female plant has flowers that are pretty good size and right up against the trunk. The male plant has flowers that are at the end of what looks like branches that hang down. Here are some photos to help.... Bottom line, you need both to produce fruit unless you have a lot of papaya in the neighborhood... or you have a bisexual plant.

Male papaya:

Female papaya:

BD papaya (my daughter with one of our papaya):

Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
foxd

Post by foxd »

Boonut, I've done some more research and the cultivar seeds I planted tend to produce bisexual plants. I've got six growing at this point, so even if they don't turn out to be bisexual, I should have some of either sex.

Also, I found out that Papaya can undergo a sex change given the right conditions. I think it is related to temperature and water.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.