I'm getting depressed...

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

mantis
Location info: 22

I'm getting depressed...

Post by mantis »

I leave for work and it is dark, I get home from work and it is dark. I can now only see my boo on holidays and weekends. :sad5:
rfgpitt
Location info: 24

RE: I'm getting depressed...

Post by rfgpitt »

Don't feel bad mantis, I work from home and it's too cold for me to go visit the plants.

Maybe you could setup a webcam under your porch?

Glad to hear you didn't lose your house after the auction :wink:
Rick
mantis

Re: RE: I'm getting depressed...

Post by mantis »

rfgpitt wrote:Don't feel bad mantis, I work from home and it's too cold for me to go visit the plants.

Maybe you could setup a webcam under your porch?

Glad to hear you didn't lose your house after the auction :wink:
I've been trying to figure out how to set up a wireless weather web-cam to go with my weather station for a while now, but I'm techno-stupid. :(
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

Post by Iowaboo »

I see mine throughout the day, but they are all shorter than me, so we all have problems.
bepah
Location info: 36
Location: Brentwood CA The rumor is that we are 9b...I think 10a

Post by bepah »

While I was looking at my garden a few days ago, I was depressed as well. No cuttings, divisions, planting or other things I can do 9 months a year.

Maybe I need to finish garden design, hardscaping, creating my planting room,......

I guess there's always something to do...
John Case
Rookie Gardener
Veteran Drinker
'Circular logic works because circular logic works!'
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

for those of us who had a hard time as kids waiting for Christmas day to arrive..... waiting until spring shooting season is a REAL killer!

I find myself wandering around the plants.... knowing I cant do anything..... re-arranging the potted plants, just because..... griping about the rain, although all summer long I cant wait to not have to WATER! :lol:
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

Yeah, the leaving home when it's dark and getting home when it's dark is a real pain. Of course I can always go down into the basement and look at the plants down there. And there is the greenhouse and seedling tray in the living room. (5 Green Dragon seedlings so far.)

Perhaps we could start a tradition of Christmas Bamboo this holiday season? :santa:
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
mantis

Post by mantis »

foxd wrote:
Perhaps we could start a tradition of Christmas Bamboo this holiday season? :santa:
My bamboo last Christmas :reindeer:

rfgpitt

Post by rfgpitt »

mantis wrote:I've been trying to figure out how to set up a wireless weather web-cam to go with my weather station for a while now, but I'm techno-stupid. :(
mantis,
Not sure if this will help. Forward to about 3:40
Rick
mantis

Post by mantis »

rfgpitt wrote:
mantis wrote:I've been trying to figure out how to set up a wireless weather web-cam to go with my weather station for a while now, but I'm techno-stupid. :(
mantis,
Not sure if this will help. Forward to about 3:40
Thanks :) I'm really wanting something completely cordless though, and I've found some that I can network wirelessly to my router, but I'm trying to figure out a good way to run it off solar/battery back up so I don't have to run an A/C adapter to it. I haven't looked into it too much, because I'm scared that it is going to be more money than I want to spend. It'll be a good project to keep me busy over the next couple months. :D
marcat
Location info: 28

Post by marcat »

Wow that must raise your Zone rateing by a whole number.
MarCat
mantis

Post by mantis »

marcat wrote:Wow that must raise your Zone rateing by a whole number.
MarCat
There is always hope. :lol:
rfgpitt

Post by rfgpitt »

Can't believe I've never thought of using a division to serve in place of a Christmas tree. I might have to to get one to size up for next year.

Oh Christmas boo
Oh Christmas boo
Thy leaves are so unchanging.....
Rick
rfgpitt

Post by rfgpitt »

Bill's Parvy:
Rick
stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Post by stevelau1911 »

You are not alone because I too got 10 outdoor plants which I cant wait to see their potential shooting. I was checking out my plants today to see how they're handling the winter. Its always exciting to imagine how much the plants will upsize or how big they will eventually end up.

I also love to water or fertilizing my bamboos because it helps a good cause and also get have a hard time with not having to water them.
ghmerrill wrote:for those of us who had a hard time as kids waiting for Christmas day to arrive..... waiting until spring shooting season is a REAL killer!

I find myself wandering around the plants.... knowing I cant do anything..... re-arranging the potted plants, just because..... griping about the rain, although all summer long I cant wait to not have to WATER! :lol: