My buck that i got on the Michigan Opener

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

jordanM
Location info: 0
Zone 5
Temperatures usually dont get below -20 w/ windchill.

My buck that i got on the Michigan Opener

Post by jordanM »

I got this 9 point on November 15, opening day in Michigan. Now ill tell you the story behind it:

I got up at 5 in the morning and got in the woods at 5:45. Got all setup and that morning i saw a 2 point with one horn, a few does, a 4 point, and a 6 point. I went in for lunch at 10 and got back in the woods at 11:45 after talking with some realtives about what they saw and what everyone got.

I got all setup again and at 12 a buck came limping across in front of me. I hurried up and grabbed the gun and got it on him. I whistled once and he kept walking so i whistled again and he stopped long enough for me to make the shot. He ran away with his tail down. I waited 15 minutes and got out and tried to find some blood and some hair, but there was none. So i followed the trail i saw him run to and i picked up some blood 20 yards in, i tracked him for 30 more yards and there he was.

He weighed in at about 100 pounds gutted and he is about 1.5 years old.

I have been pretty lucky this year, here is the one i got during bow season:
http://bambooweb.info/bb/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=
Flashburn
Location info: 0

RE: My buck that i got on the Michigan Opener

Post by Flashburn »

Pass me the bbq sause
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

RE: My buck that i got on the Michigan Opener

Post by Iowaboo »

I agree, looks like the deer has bbq sauce on his face. I don't think its legal in our state to bait them with such condiments.