When will this winter be over?

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

When will this winter be over?

Post by bambooweb »

It snowed another 5 inches last night and yesterdays high was 20*F below normal. :x Tonight the forecast is for another inch of snow. Earlier this week we broke the record for most snowfall in a season so we are now adding to the record.

Last week we did a couple of days above 50* and that stopped the streak of 121 days in a row below 50*. That missed the record by 13 days and put this year in 9th place for most consecutive days below 50*.

Hopefully the pass will be open on Saturday when I go to Puyallup for the grove cleanup. It was closed earlier this week for avalanche control.

I might see a shoot next month. :cry:

Bill
Flashburn
Location info: 0

RE: When will this winter be over?

Post by Flashburn »

I don't know.... hell we had some sun during winter.....

I am about to lose my dam mind with all this rain. We had snow like 4 or 5 days ago and I am 20 miles from the coast. 500ft level.

I might have to build a green house just so I can go outside!

:lol:
foxd
Location info: 21

Post by foxd »

Looks like we are supposed to get some freezing temperatures in a few days. *sigh* Not unexpected for this time of year, but we had a long warm stretch so a lot of plants and trees have been putting out flowers and leaves.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

We had more snow last night. On April 2nd we broke the record for the amount of snow in April so I guess we will be adding to that record.

Having thunder and lightning during a snow storm is just weird.

Bill
bepah
Location info: 36
Location: Brentwood CA The rumor is that we are 9b...I think 10a

Post by bepah »

I could be snide about global warming, but reports like this truly are a concern to me.

What if we are really cooling and not warming?

I will think warm thoughts for you all....
John Case
Rookie Gardener
Veteran Drinker
'Circular logic works because circular logic works!'
mantis
Location info: 22

Re: RE: When will this winter be over?

Post by mantis »

bepah wrote:I could be snide about global warming, but reports like this truly are a concern to me.

What if we are really cooling and not warming?

I will think warm thoughts for you all....
You realize that it is just the beginning of April, right? When I was growing up we'd have snow on the ground in MN until the end of April. I was talking to my friend in WI, and all the snow was gone in early March this year. He's lived there for 45 years, and he's never seen the snow gone this early.

If Bill is still seeing snow in late May, then you might have a point, but early April?
Flashburn

Post by Flashburn »

Its the dam sun spots mon. I mean like DUDE the sun it got stoned on some really tight boo a few years ago. It hasn't spotted real good for like 10 years now hence cooler temps.

Who knows what is going on. But what ever it is, Its going on.
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

mantis wrote:You realize that it is just the beginning of April, right? When I was growing up we'd have snow on the ground in MN until the end of April. I was talking to my friend in WI, and all the snow was gone in early March this year. He's lived there for 45 years, and he's never seen the snow gone this early.

If Bill is still seeing snow in late May, then you might have a point, but early April?
Last year it snowed in June. Does that count?
Actually it is amazing that people have short memories. I have heard 2 people in Spokane say that we have had a mild winter I guess you just want to forget the 3 days below -10* and a low of -18*F. Of course when we start to average out and have temps above normal it will be proof of global warming.

Bill
Flashburn

Post by Flashburn »

-18 just aint nice.....
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

Post by Iowaboo »

At those extremely bitter cold temps, people start wishing they had more facial hair
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Post by Roy »

Iowaboo wrote:At those extremely bitter cold temps, people start wishing they had more facial hair
Lance,

When was the last time you got a haircut and what does your barber charge you when you get a haircut? :lol:

Lance
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
mantis
Location info: 22

Post by mantis »

bambooweb wrote:
Last year it snowed in June. Does that count?
Actually it is amazing that people have short memories. I have heard 2 people in Spokane say that we have had a mild winter I guess you just want to forget the 3 days below -10* and a low of -18*F. Of course when we start to average out and have temps above normal it will be proof of global warming.

Bill
Maybe I was too hasty in my reply as I woke up to 33.8°F this morning. This whole winter has been crazy weather... 80's then freeze, then 80's then freeze. It was 83° on Saturday, and now 33° this morning, and they are predicting 80° again by Thurs. This is getting old. :roll: