Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

marcat
Location info: 28

Post by marcat »

Happy New Year all.......
MarCat
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Re: 2011

Post by boonut »

Same here folks... Happy New Year!! :drunken:
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
bambambooboo
Location info: 0

Post by bambambooboo »

Last edited by bambambooboo on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Without bamboo, the land dies." ~~saying
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

-10*F to start the new year :(

Bill
foxd
Location info: 21

Post by foxd »

It was in the Fifties when the new year started, but has now dropped to 20°F. The paper's long term weather forecast has varied wildly from day to day. :? Despite the cold start for December, the Winter itself has not been bad, yet. At least here it hasn't.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
needmore

Post by needmore »

foxd wrote:It was in the Fifties when the new year started, but has now dropped to 20°F. The paper's long term weather forecast has varied wildly from day to day. :? Despite the cold start for December, the Winter itself has not been bad, yet. At least here it hasn't.
What would be bad to you? :shock: :shock: It has been to 0F and I've already had to hand shovel my 1/10 mile driveway 5 times plus bust ice with a floor scraper on Xmas day for a little fun:drunken: :drunken:
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

You all think you have it bad... Well here it is hot and you still have to water on a regular basis...

Forecast:
Monday = H 74... L 58
Tuesday = H 79...L 59
Wednesday = H 83... L 57
Thursday = H 81... L 54
Friday = H 79... L 57
Saturday = H 81... L 52

Low so far this winter is 34F for about 1.5 hours.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: I know... you don't want to hear about it.
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Post by Alan_L »

needmore wrote:...I've already had to hand shovel my 1/10 mile driveway 5 times...
No wonder you haven't been posting that much. :wink:

I never really thought about it, but assumed you had a plow of some sort that you attach to your... car? ...little tractor? Ok, I guess hand shovel it is. :shock:
bambambooboo

Post by bambambooboo »

Last edited by bambambooboo on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1

Post by bambooweb »

boonut wrote:Well here it is hot and you still have to water on a regular basis...
I wish I could say that. Yesterday I had to thaw out my waterline to get water to my house :| The extension cord that I had to my heat tape was marked 15 amps but died at less than 5 amps :x

Bill
foxd
Location info: 21

Post by foxd »

needmore wrote:
foxd wrote:It was in the Fifties when the new year started, but has now dropped to 20°F. The paper's long term weather forecast has varied wildly from day to day. :? Despite the cold start for December, the Winter itself has not been bad, yet. At least here it hasn't.
What would be bad to you? :shock: :shock: It has been to 0F and I've already had to hand shovel my 1/10 mile driveway 5 times plus bust ice with a floor scraper on Xmas day for a little fun:drunken: :drunken:
Yes, but the drop to 0°F occured before Winter officially started!

I also learned not to shovel my driveway because the lowest bidder the city hirers to plow the parking lot across the street, will push the snow into the first empty spot they see in my yard. :evil: :evil: :evil: So if I don't want snow blocking my driveway then I shouldn't shovel it. :?
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
Mackel in DFW

To Bambam

Post by Mackel in DFW »

Hey Bambam,

My understanding is that Phyllostachys bambusoides doesn't need a cold winter per se in order to grow. I don't know if you have ever considered this species but it is one of my favorites here in zone 8a. Just a thought.

Regards,
Mackell in DFW
marcat
Location info: 28

Post by marcat »

Heck Boonut even I don't want to hear it but then again I only have to water once a week this time of year. Every thing sensitive is in the green house enjoying 80+ day time temps and no frost. My out side Wammin is hanging in there with only being covered with sheets. Hope it stays this mild for the rest of the winter.
MarCat
dudley
Location info: 44
zone 9a/b
right between too cold & not cold enough

Post by dudley »

My wamins were 80 percent burned, hamiltonii 25 percent burned and Parker giant 20 percent burned all in the middle of December. Since winter started, no damage :bom:
"Plants are people just like us"
bambambooboo

Post by bambambooboo »

Last edited by bambambooboo on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.