Bambooweb Yearbooks

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

Eastlandia
Location info: 0

Bambooweb Yearbooks

Post by Eastlandia »

Im very "new" to this forum, however, I wanted to post this form ever since I joined. Lots of members have joined in the past few months so this might be possible. It says as follows:

Dear Bamboo Web,
After looking at the hundreds of pictures online and endless helpful information in the forum I am going to perpose a yearly book. I dont know if a current member knows anyone that could run off a type of book-let, Magazine etc. that we could use. I think every year or every two years there should be the "Years best" photos shown. There could be a few pages for articles people could submit and of cource the most useful messages posted for various topics. If we got really advanced we could send out two: one for the cold climates and one for the warm climates.

Or...... If making some sort of book is out of the question, what about making a web page for the "years best" I dont know who would determine the "best" but i wont think about that right now.
Maybe yes, maybe no, -Eastlandia
Brian T. Lawrence
Southern Indiana (2002-2011)
Fort Myers Florida (2012-2013)
Tanzania (2014)
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

RE: Bambooweb Yearbooks

Post by Iowaboo »

In respect to the paperless society, I would recommend to keep as much electronic as possible.

By the way, glad to see you have a website up with your bamboo collection! :)
kstanwick
Location: Stillwater NJ z6a Sussex county. 20 minutes from the Del. Water Gap.

Post by kstanwick »

I think there is a section in the site that Bill was working on that had plant data. I believe it is still in the works. there you can input all of your information according to your locale. as far as pics go....maybe just upload your pics....as far as articles go....maybe we can just use the forum. Not to shoot down a yearbook. It just appears that it might be too overlapping. Does this make sense?? when it comes to data, storing it in a database and then pulling the info is what Bill has already acheived. Maybe you have something else in mind....Just some thoughts
Kurt Stanwick
Stillwater NJ z6a

Kurt's Garden
BooKing

Post by BooKing »

Do we get a diploma too :?: :lol: :lol: BambooWeb University Alumni.