Ned Jaquith

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Ned Jaquith

Post by bambooweb »

For those that have not heard the news Ned Jaquith, long time bamboo expert and owner of Bamboo Garden Nursery has leukemia cancer.

He is in Hospice starting the 22nd. Anyone wishing to visit him are welcome. There are no restrictions set on visiting except regular visiting hours.

Nancy, Ned's wife said that Ned is still Ned and she and he would love that you contact him.

Charissa Brock has set up a CarePages website for Ned at http://www.carepages.com/carepages/2527 ... lthipc=miv

They do not know how long he has left, so if you want to contact him please do so soon.

Bill
philippe smets
Location info: 0

Re: Ned Jaquith

Post by philippe smets »

:(
moriphen
Location: Southern New Jersey 7b about 5 mins from Philadelphia, PA

Post by moriphen »

:( Never met the man, but I know the work he as done as changed how I view natural world. My best wishes to him and his family during this time in his life.
M
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

Sorry I did not update this thread because I was at the ABS conference but Ned passed away on Sept. 26 the day the Board members were traveling to the conference. At least a large number of his friends were able to morn him at the conference. He will be missed by many.
We was cremated and there will be a ceremony to spread his ashes on his Moso grove this summer on a weekend near his birthday .

Bill
johnw
Bamboo Society Membership: EBS - Germany

Post by johnw »

So sad to hear of the passing of Ned. He dedicated his life to bamboo and almost single-handedly raised the profile of bamboo in the USA.

I met him several times at the Far West Show in Portland and his enthusiasm was absolutely infectious. He was keen to find out which bamboos were hardy here in the hinterland and made lots of recommendations of those worthy of trial here. He always donned a Bamboo Garden t-shirt, his catalogue was a gold mine of information.

Fitting that his ashes will be spread on his moso groves.

johnw +12c @ 08:15, partially cloudy
johnw coastal Nova Scotia
stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Post by stevelau1911 »

I never met him, but many of my initial bamboos are from Bamboo Gardens, and I was satisfied with his goods. I think the best thing we can do to honor him is to continue promoting, and spreading the good stuff.
bamboothew

Post by bamboothew »

I spoke to Ned on the phone once and he was very kind and informative. I could tell he really had a passion for growing and sharing bamboo! Several of my plants came from him and it was apparent that he was very conscientious about the quality of the plants he sold. May he rest in peace.
God Bless,

Matthew

===============================

Genesis 2:8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed.
ShmuBamboo

Post by ShmuBamboo »

Wow, I have known Ned for about 6 years. Sad to hear this news and sad that I did not have a chance to go see him before his passing. As for Ned still being Ned, I would bet that still remains the case, wherever he is. Sorry to see him go and Oggie is gonna miss him for sure. He was a tribute to bamboo horticulture, and I have many boo clones from Bamboo Garden here on my property.

Sleep in peace and wake in joy,
Good Angels guard thee...
Happy trails...