I just saw a juvenile robin today that didn't fly away

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

stevelau1911
Location info: 42

I just saw a juvenile robin today that didn't fly away

Post by stevelau1911 »

Just got a few pictures of this juvenile robin. It can fly, but doesn't appear to be afraid of me. Hopefully it knows better to be afraid of the cats. I'm guessing that it didn't leave the nest that long ago.

pokenei
Location info: 0

Re: I just saw a juvenile robin today that didn't fly away

Post by pokenei »

neat... I would raise it as a pet.
Would be nice to have a pet bird following you around :D
Tarzanus
Location info: 0

Post by Tarzanus »

I had one. Actually I had two. Small baby swallow bird was found in front of the shopping center and I was lucky enough to get it and to take care of it. I fed it for at least a week, and it grew and fattened quite a bit. One day the box in which I was keeping it was empty. It was placed indoors which rules out escape and cat. :| I'm sure someone tried walking it out, like I did and it flew away. Well it learned to stay in my palm, get off when I placed it on the floor and back into my palm when I placed it near it... When I came to it's head with my hand it started opening the mouth so I could feed it. I really wish to know what happened with that one!

The other was bird of prey. It was one of hawks we have around here and it was nearly dead when I found it. It fell out from the tree in the forest and tried to find food. It only got snails which could be fatal, because it's beak was already 'glued' entirely. I've kept it alive for 3 weeks, at first I removed all the pests in it's feathers, then I fed it every couple of hours. If someone approached too fast, it went into defensive stance and started attacking. One squeeze with it's claws could make me sorry I took care of it. It never did. Well, when it grew flying feathers I started teaching it how to fly. I made a stick on which it could sit an because it was elevated enough, when I walked and ran around with it, it needed to open it's wings and learn to keep balance. At first it could jump and fly for a couple of meters, then up to 100 meters, and then the day came when it flew away. Next day it returned only to show itself and flew away for good. Magnificent bird!
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

Post by Iowaboo »

my cats said they were good cat food