Free Bamboo (Drive a little, save a lot)

Moderator: needmore

Bamboo4me
Location info: 0

Free Bamboo (Drive a little, save a lot)

Post by Bamboo4me »

I see some of you driving very long distances and some paying for shipping (which costs a bunch these days)
I responded to a great guy out here in California, that would have been worth driving across states to get his bamboo.( oh, they were free)
I wish I had the opportunity that I set a friend up with this person. They picked up at least qty30, 15-30+ gallon pots of I think 20 different bamboos. I got a few more big ones and a field specimen that you'd pay through the nose for.
I'm just glad they went to a good home and that a major supplier didn't get them for free. Some were rare and all were in great shape.) Another addict added to the Boodiction uncontrollable need.

I wish I had this opportunity when I started buying.
This person can at least get anyone of them back (chunk of them at least when he has more room) Or needs a special that he wants.)
I'd just like to say thanks to him and this site for making it possible.

You should have seen the trailer and my truck moving down the highway and through town with bamboo hangin 10+ feet out the back and standing up 15 feet high. (after topping) They love the wind! (You don't have to worry about a 30 or 40 gallon container blowing out of your truck)
Perfect day to move it. Cool, light misty rain. It looked like it never moved when it arrived 30 miles away. I didn't even wrap it because of the conditions.
Jump on opportunities when you can is all I can say. I have enough now, or so I think. Over 30 large specimens in the grounds and more in pots now. thanks to the Donor!!!
I'll be eating bamboo next year for my vegetable! Try it, you'll like it!
40+ varieties; trying to stay close to that until I get them all in the ground. 1 + acre to grow on. 30 in the ground!
jordanM
Zone 5
Temperatures usually dont get below -20 w/ windchill.

RE: Free Bamboo (Drive a little, save a lot)

Post by jordanM »

Wow, that is amazing for someone to do that. To bad i live way up here and barely anyone grows bamboo and they for surely dont give it away.
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: RE: Free Bamboo (Drive a little, save a lot)

Post by Roy »

jordanM wrote:Wow, that is amazing for someone to do that. To bad i live way up here and barely anyone grows bamboo and they for surely dont give it away.
And to give away the large pots too. They are fairly expensive in themselves. Truly amazing!
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
mike best

RE: Free Bamboo (Drive a little, save a lot)

Post by mike best »

Yea, the bigger the pots the more money they cost.

Bamboo4me, what species did you get, do they have tags?
Mike Best
benboo

Re: Free Bamboo (Drive a little, save a lot)

Post by benboo »

too bad its cold here...