5 Gallon Bamboo

Moderator: needmore

jordanM
Location info: 0
Zone 5
Temperatures usually dont get below -20 w/ windchill.

5 Gallon Bamboo

Post by jordanM »

To give some of you guys out there with some more bamboo i would like to give you a heads up on what i would like to purchase this spring. I would like to purchase some larger 5 gallon plants this year, since i have only three other 1 gallon bamboo plants that i do not fell like trading and i felt the best way to start now is go big espically with are cold climate and and hearing how some bamboos grow pretty slow up here. I would also like to purchase one from someone on this site, beacause i am sure they are better quality and nicer plants than grow on nurserys and they proboly wont cost as much as the ones on the nurserys.

So here is what i would be interested in purchasing:
Phyllostachys aureosulcata
Phyllostachys rubromarginata
Phyllostachys nigra 'Henon'
Phyllostachys bissetii
Phyllostachys humilis
Phyllostachys atrovaginata
Phyllostachys nigra
Phyllostachys nuda

I am interested only in 5 gallon potted plants that can be shipped to my address in the spring time. I would also like a plant that is a pretty tall 5 gallon not one that someone took out of a 3 gallon pot and stuck in a 5 gallon pot and are calling it a 5 gallon plant.

Thanks i hope someone can help me get started with the wonderful hobby of keeping bamboo.
madman

RE: 5 Gallon Bamboo

Post by madman »

Hi Jordan,

I am a regular trader on this site with a good reputation, am a ABS member and also own a small part-time bamboo nursery in northern CA. I am open to trading or selling bamboo. I have 5 gallon plants for p. nigra and p. bissetti in my inventory now and can order probably most on your list. All plants I trade (or sell) are well rooted and good quality.

Let me know if you have trades in mind (or want to buy offline from this site).

Thanks,

Sean
Mad Man Bamboo Nursery - Rocklin, CA
http://www.madmanbamboo.com
(916) 300-6335
jordanM
Zone 5
Temperatures usually dont get below -20 w/ windchill.

RE: 5 Gallon Bamboo

Post by jordanM »

PM sent