Fargesia rufa for trade

Moderator: needmore

ocimum_nate
Location info: 0
Location: American Fork, Utah High Desert, elevation 4566 feet, zone 5 or 6 depending on which source.

Fargesia rufa for trade

Post by ocimum_nate »

I already contacted Steve but I am just throwing this out again this year. I have a bunch of Fargesia rufa divisions that I am making if you are interested let me know what you have to offer. I am looking mostly for clumping type bamboos that will survive in zone 6 or colder.
bluesloth
Location info: 49

RE: Fargesia rufa for trade

Post by bluesloth »

Hi. My brother lives in SLC and is wanting to grow bamboo. A clumper would probably be best for him in his small yard.

Do the Fargesias do fine in your climate? What have you found to size up sucessfully? Thannks.
madman

Post by madman »

Nate, got lots to trade. My list of possibilities is at http://www.madmanbamboo.com/bamboo_list.html.

Let me know if any sound interesting.

I'm in northern CA so shipping is reasonable.

Sean
ocimum_nate
Location: American Fork, Utah High Desert, elevation 4566 feet, zone 5 or 6 depending on which source.

Post by ocimum_nate »

Fargesia rufa, and nitida have done well where I live the jury is still out with some of the other species as I have yet to see how well they have wintered over and I have some new ones that I will be trying this summer and winter outside. So far Fargesia rufa has done the best but the nitida is also doing well.
stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Post by stevelau1911 »

I found a very well rooted, maybe root bound fargesia rufa which used up almost all the space inside the pot with culms and shoots at my local gardening center which I bought.

I took out 5 divisions ranging from sizes of 1 culm to 10 with shoots.

How big of a division do I really need for it to be succesful? It appears to be easily dividable.
ocimum_nate

Post by ocimum_nate »

I have done it from very little but I usually try to get at least 4 shoots. Most of my last rufa divisions were quite a few shoots.