Any generous souls out there for a newbie?

Moderator: needmore

Bozilla

Any generous souls out there for a newbie?

Post by Bozilla »

Hello all!

I'm from NW Texas, Childress, specifically. I'd really like to start planting some bamboo groves. My family has about 700 acres in Matador Texas with several smaller bodies of water I'd like to plant around. I'm just about to get married, and I don't need to be spending a whole lot of money to buy bamboo plants. I bought one golden bamboo from the local nursery. That was the only variety she had. I guess I'll start with that one. I'd like to do a nice golden grove, a black nigra grove, and a timber grove. I was told that Mosa doesn't do well here, but "Robert Young", Giant Gray, and Decora all do well in my area.

Now, to the point.... Is there anyone doing any trimming of their groves and would be able to hook me up with some bamboo plants? I'd gladly pay for shipping. Like 10 to 15 bucks per shipment? I have a lot of area I can plant on, and I just think it'll bring a new unique element to the place, some shade, some wildlife habitat, and it'll give me something fun to work with. A few nice bamboo groves will beat the pants off of our mesquite forests over here!

I've attached some pictures of the place I'm going with my bamboo. There are a couple of lakes there I want to plant by. The one in the front that looks like a tadpole is called "Pollywog" and the one directly NE of Pollywog is "Big Frog"

Bozilla
Lake 1.JPG
Aerial.jpg