Trade anyone?

Moderator: needmore

needmore
Location info: 0
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Trade anyone?

Post by needmore »

I'm looking for a large plant to trade or buy - large as in tough to ship 5-7 gallon or well rooted smaller plant, of either F. nitida (new gen) F. denudata, or F. rufa. I've got a few different species ready to trade or can dig and hold others, long list of potential trade candidates so what are YOU looking for?
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Re: Trade anyone?

Post by stevelau1911 »

I have F rufas, 1-3 gallons that I split up 3 weeks ago which are starting to shoot now so I'm not sure if I should trade them yet. They are rooting, but not fully rooted. Which bamboos do you have for trade?

I am interested in your regular Bissetii, kwangsiensis, prominens and Vivax 'Huangwenzhu for a trade.
needmore

Post by needmore »

Steve, thanks for the offer, right now I'll hold out longer to see if anyone has a different species. Although I would like another F rufa, I currently have 5 so am hoping for something different.
CJ_IS_HERE

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

Hi... I have Buddahs in that size only... all just beginning to shoot again... they seem to be adapting each season a little better to the cold here too... maybe I'll actually get one to stay green here in the winter. I have a 10 gallon giant leaf I could split. Have a 20+ gallon of zig zag I need to split too. Its 13+ foot... just releafing now and several new culms emerging. 25 gal Arrow 15+ foot, 20 gal Kimmei 7 foot,. I need to divide all these into smaller sizes. Sorry... I dont have any of the more saught after boo. Still a rookie I suppose.
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
needmore

Post by needmore »

I've already purposefully killed off a nice B. ventricos and the Kimmei form as well (I think they're finally dead, this was their 3rd winter in-ground here but they did shoot the last 2 years, none yet this year)
CJ_IS_HERE

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

Ummm why would you do that...purposely?

purposefully killed off a nice B. ventricos and the Kimmei form.

WHY MAN!!! WHY!!!!
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
needmore

Post by needmore »

Because container growing tropicals (indoors from Oct - April) becomes tiresome... after you are up to full 25 gallon pots, the care becomes nagging - for me anyway. I had them up to 15-18 feet looking good in the fall but trying to keep them happy in a heated space require more attention that I can give them and by spring they look like crap.
fredgpops
Location: plus 700ft in the Santa Cruz Mtns, 8 miles from the Pacific
35 miles S. of San Jose

Post by fredgpops »

Have a S. tootsik albostriata, 1 culm, 5 gal. Potted for about 3 months but just shooting new leaves so I'd hold a couple of months more. Easy to ship. Have a 3 culm, topped to 5 ft, 7 gal, Thamnocalamus tessellatus. Still developing a mature root ball. Needs 3 to 4 months. Will be tougher/costlier to ship. Will check for your trade stock if you are interested. Rgds
CJ_IS_HERE

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

Oh...I guess I can understand yer views better now... that does sound like a fulltime job... I only have about 25 planters total... of 23 varieties. A ant infested buddah was my first bamboo plant. half gallon with about 5 sadd looking leaves. I was hooked shortly after this as i saw this little thing fight to live... 5 years later... its my prize plant.
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
ocimum_nate
Location: American Fork, Utah High Desert, elevation 4566 feet, zone 5 or 6 depending on which source.

Post by ocimum_nate »

I have some rufa that I have in #2 containers that have quite a bit in them I am just waiting for them to start pushing a bunch of new growth before I do any trades if you are interested let me know.
needmore

Post by needmore »

CJ_IS_HERE wrote:Oh...I guess I can understand yer views better now... that does sound like a fulltime job... I only have about 25 planters total... of 23 varieties.
I only had 1 pot of each but they were 25 gallon pots so it was not the quantity that was the issue, they are very tough to care for when they get big and can't winter outdoors.
needmore

Post by needmore »

fredgpops wrote:Have a S. tootsik albostriata, 1 culm, 5 gal. Potted for about 3 months but just shooting new leaves so I'd hold a couple of months more. Easy to ship. Have a 3 culm, topped to 5 ft, 7 gal, Thamnocalamus tessellatus. Still developing a mature root ball. Needs 3 to 4 months. Will be tougher/costlier to ship. Will check for your trade stock if you are interested. Rgds
Tham tess dies out here twice so I'd better leave that one for more hospitable climes, thanks for the offer though.
needmore

Post by needmore »

Have a few 'squat 5 gallon' bare rhizome culm divisions of Vivax Aureocaulis dug this spring, these need a few more weeks before ready to fledge. Will be digging several Nigra Shimadake in a few weeks that are this springs culms after another top kill - these will not be ready until fall.

Interested in trading?
extremegardener

Post by extremegardener »

Hey Brad,

It's been a long time since I've been on the forum, but I did some trades with you a few years ago. I've got some very nice F. Nitida plants--big, bushy 5 gallon with full rootballs. These were grown fro seed and are about 4 years old now. Let me know if you're interested in a swap. Also have lots and lots of other species to trade.

Cheers,

Scott
needmore

Post by needmore »

Scott, sent you a private message.