Looking for, Phyllostachys edulis 'Bicolor' in UK/Europe

Moderator: needmore

Adam-uk
Location info: 0
z8b

Looking for, Phyllostachys edulis 'Bicolor' in UK/Europe

Post by Adam-uk »

Does anyone know a mail order supplier or have any spare, Phyllostachys edulis 'Bicolor' in Europe that can send to the UK?
Have been looking for this plant for the past 10 years or so i guess! So hoping (and praying to the bamboo gods) i can find some this year!
Markj

Re: Looking for, Phyllostachys edulis 'Bicolor' in UK/Europe

Post by Markj »

Hi Adam- Not sure where this would be available here, Drysdale used to sell it but thats shut now. Mine was topkilled last winter and I've a feeling it won't be coming back :| if it dose I'll see if their's a spare bit later in the year.
Bamboo...Please note... This plant is seriously addictive and you may lose interest in other, less rewarding plants!
rhum23

Post by rhum23 »

difficult to find but not impossible.... the problem is that they don't send to france , so UK... :?
Adam-uk
z8b

Post by Adam-uk »

Mark, well will keep my fingers crossed that yours returns to life, my regular green moso has only started shooting properly over the past 2 weeks, very late this year, but the warm weather is helping!
Rhum im sure "La Bambouseraie" sell it in the south of france, but not mail order, i was there a few years ago and they had a few potted plants, but they couldn't sell them at the time, as they weren't priced and the nursery manager was away the day i visited! :cry: