Bamboo Sourcery - Summer Sale

Moderator: needmore

ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Re: Bamboo Sourcery - Summer Sale

Post by ghmerrill »

I wonder if they have their own forums somewhere, a "tips and tricks for spammers" kind of thing?

The started with their own posts, now have migrated to replying to posts, eventually, who knows?

Wonder if you couldset up a mass generated email that would flood their system with spam emails until it shuts down....spam the spammers? :santa:
chrunsh
Location info: 0

Post by chrunsh »

fredgpops wrote:A local outdoors store sells laminated tonkin cane fly rods for 3k. He buys 6 to 8" diameter dry culms from China and crafts them into fly rods himself or will help people make them (for a price). Rgds
Thanks for the information,we are trying to contact more and more local store,but they seems show no interested in it,because the shipping fare is to expensive.
Sometime we just want to introduce our good product to all over the world,let more and more people know them and use them,also with a more reasonable price.
Thanks,we will try more.
chrunsh

Post by chrunsh »

hi,first i am so sorry for posted a "spam" on someone else post,just because i don't know much about this forum.
When i come to this forum,i haven't found out another part for post this information,but this one maybe suitable.
I know this forum is for those who love growing bamboo,but not sales the bamboo poles.So i just ask for some information,which can help us a lot.These information can also make it more reasonable price for the local people to buy bamboo poles, maybe.
As for the link,we just want thoes who wiling to help,know more about our product,as you know,there are lots of bamboo all over the world,who can figer out that our product maybe suitable to their area?only they learn more about it.
So,last but not least,thanks for those who willing to help us,we will do our best to let more and more people in US know about our product.
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

chrunsh, welcome to the forum. Have you considered joining the American Bamboo Society has an International member? You might want to check out the website: http://www.americanbamboo.org/

BTW, I did check out your companies website. I see your company does a lot of dyeing of bamboo. I'm kind of curious about the dyeing process.

I have seen Tonkin Bamboo and wish we could grow it locally. Perhaps in a few years.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
chrunsh

Post by chrunsh »

foxd wrote:chrunsh, welcome to the forum. Have you considered joining the American Bamboo Society has an International member? You might want to check out the website: http://www.americanbamboo.org/

BTW, I did check out your companies website. I see your company does a lot of dyeing of bamboo. I'm kind of curious about the dyeing process.

I have seen Tonkin Bamboo and wish we could grow it locally. Perhaps in a few years.
foxd,Thanks for providing me the information of the American Bamboo Society,i will check it out.
As for the dyeing process:our factory use many spray "boil" to tonkin bamboo,and put it under the sun for days.i have some pictures,but i don't know how to send it to you.This kind of dyed bamboo is used in Gardening in EU.
Talking about the tonkin bamboo ,we would rather call our bamboo as Tsinglee bamboo,it has a lot different with the other tonkin bamboo.So it is not easy for other to grow this kinds of Tsinglee bamboo.

this history may help you know more about the Tsinglee bamboo :

1. In the middle of the Qing Dynasty, a British businessman took Aozai tonkin bamboo back to make the fishing rods and was surprised to find it the perfect material for high-class fishing rods.
2. To the late 18th century, fishing rods which made of tonkin bamboo were popular in the whole world.
3. Merchants of Hong Kong and Guangzhou set up bamboo villages along the Li River to purchase the “White Sand Bamboo” directly from the original place and resold to the Japanese merchants. The bamboos were repackaged and renamed to “Tokyo Bamboo” and then sold in European and American markets through Tokyo Bay.
4. In the early 20th century, finding that the tonkin bamboo was originated in China, the U.S. Department of Agriculture immediately notified Moglure, the botany professor teaching in the Lingnan University in Guangzhou, to provide on-the-spot investigation report as soon as possible.
5. In the autumn of 1925, Moglure went to Aozai to make a detailed investigation about the ecology, planting and processing situation of tonkin bamboo. His essay was published in World’s Bamboo Research, where the tonkin bamboo was officially named as “Tsinglee bamboo” (“Pseudosasa amabilis”). In his essay Moglure spoke highly of the tonkin bamboo, and said it was "the world's most unique bamboo", "the world's most beautiful bamboo", "king of the world's bamboo."
6. After half a century, Luis Marden, Moglure’s student, an international geographer, vice-president of Association of American Geographers, a professor of Harvard University made a special trip with his wife to the Li River to research the tonkin bamboo in August, 1974.
7. In 1950s, American used the plasticized tonkin bamboo in making components of aircraft fuel tank, while Soviets used tonkin bamboo to produce ski poles, which made the Kuibyshev ski pole all the rage and worked as the designated equipment of International ski events at that time.
kudzu9
Location: Greater Seattle, WA, area; Zone 8. Summers:mainly 60's-70's. Winters are rainy, but above freezing except for a few 15 deg F days; 1-2 days of snow max.

Post by kudzu9 »

Fred-
Getting back to the original topic...just what did you score at the sale?
fredgpops
Location: plus 700ft in the Santa Cruz Mtns, 8 miles from the Pacific
35 miles S. of San Jose

Post by fredgpops »

Not sure yet. They are having problems confirming orders due to volume. They have
told me that a couple of plants are no longer available. Looks like they are overwhelmed. Won't know until next week. Rgds
kudzu9
Location: Greater Seattle, WA, area; Zone 8. Summers:mainly 60's-70's. Winters are rainy, but above freezing except for a few 15 deg F days; 1-2 days of snow max.

Post by kudzu9 »

Well, let us know if they come through with some good ones for you...
mantis
Location info: 22

Post by mantis »

The two I ordered just showed up on my doorstep! 8)

Nothing exciting, but one I needed a replacement for a lost plant (B. multi. 'Goldstripe'), and the other is one that I'm not sure on the identity of the one that I have, so I figured I should get one from another source to see if they grow out differently (B. dolichomerithalla 'Green stripe').
gbock
Location info: 73

Post by gbock »

A friend and I went to Bamboo Sourcery last Friday, and they seemed very busy. They told us they had to get hundreds of plants ready for shipping, in addition to their on-site business. They may sell out of some varieties, but they literally have thousands of plants in stock so there's still lots to be had.

Between the two of us, my friend and I got 15 plants--my mini van was full :-).

Gerhard
Check out my blog at http://www.bambooandmore.info.
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Post by Alan_L »

gbock wrote:...Between the two of us, my friend and I got 15 plants--my mini van was full :-)
What, no photos? Photos of vehicles jammed with bamboo are crowd favorites here. :D
gbock

Post by gbock »

Alan_L wrote:What, no photos? Photos of vehicles jammed with bamboo are crowd favorites here. :D
You're right, I should have taken a few pictures. I was too busy looking at all the plants at Bamboo Sourcery. 8 acres chock full of bamboos. I think they should convert the place into a botanical garden.
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

Its sad that its going down. The possibility of someone buying a place like that and keeping it running are strikingly small, and to see a place that was once someones dream, shut down, is depressing. With the way the economy is, I imagine that they will be hard pressed to find a buyer.
fredgpops
Location: plus 700ft in the Santa Cruz Mtns, 8 miles from the Pacific
35 miles S. of San Jose

Post by fredgpops »

The current owner has made a change of life decision. She wants to do something else. Jesus, the main day to day man, is going to start his own business and will probably take most of the left over inventory. this is not a reflection on the state of the bamboo industry nor is it about throwing in the towel because of economic conditions. The website details the whys and wherefores of the end of this company. rgds
gbock

Post by gbock »

There are hundreds and hundreds of mature bamboos planted all over the property. It's an invaluable resource, and it should be preserved. But I can only imagine how difficult it would be to find funding if they wanted to turn into a non-profit botanical garden.