rmk3392
Location info: 0

test

Post by rmk3392 »

Alan_L
Location info: 81

Re: test

Post by Alan_L »

test to see what causes the "new post" flag not to be cleared when I post. Maybe I jump back to "board index" instead of the forum I posted in?
Alan_L

Post by Alan_L »

trying again.
Alan_L

Post by Alan_L »

nope. just don't know why it happens. Usually in the "growing bamboo" forum. Next time it happens I'll try to pay closer attention.
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

Alan_L wrote:test to see what causes the "new post" flag not to be cleared when I post. Maybe I jump back to "board index" instead of the forum I posted in?
At 7:11 PDT there was a post in the growing bamboo forum that was not approved until 9:07 so that might be the problem.

Bill
Alan_L

Post by Alan_L »

Bill - how does the approval process work? Most of the time this doesn't happen. Plus, I'm able to see my posts in the forum right away, even when the flag doesn't clear.
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

Alan_L wrote:Bill - how does the approval process work? Most of the time this doesn't happen. Plus, I'm able to see my posts in the forum right away, even when the flag doesn't clear.
When a new member posts the post is only visible to the moderators until it is approved but the post is still there. When it is approved it is shown to everyone. After a member has three posts approved then their posts are immediately available to everyone.

Bill
Alan_L

Post by Alan_L »

Ah, so it's just the timing of my posts corresponding with posts that are waiting for approval, and nothing that I'm doing myself (probably).

Thanks.