Trade anyone?

Moderator: needmore

steve nj 7-a
Location info: 0

Re: Trade anyone?

Post by steve nj 7-a »

Hi Brad,

Are you interested in a trade? I have nice gallon Trachycarpus fortunei, Rhapidophyllum hystrix, Sabal minor 'McCurtain, and S. louisiana; all from seed. I can send pics. I also have Tetrapanax papyrifera 'Steroidal Giant', but I'll need to propagate that next year as it's more finicky than the typical T. p. I also have Pollia japonica and variegated (well-behaved) knotweed. I'm interested in a rhizome of Pleioblastus shibuyanus tsuboi. I recently traded with Daniel F. in Bloomington, Indiana.

Steve-Willingboro, N.J
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

Steve, if nobody has contacted you about the trade, I do have Pleioblastus shibuyanus tsuboi. The reason I did not offer it for trade is that it started flowering last Spring and I am unsure of what this means for the plants survival. So far it still looks healthy, but I don't know what will happen next Spring. For what it is worth, this species does produce viable seed, but so far all the seedlings have been green. :(
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
Steve, N.J 7-a

Post by Steve, N.J 7-a »

Hopefully it will continue growing in spring.
needmore
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by needmore »

Steve, sorry, I missed your post here - I have 2 pots of it but I am supposedly holding them for someone for next year. I have more in ground but not dug yet.

How large is your Rhapidophyllum hystrix? I'm generally too impatient for the palms and have killed a few Trachy's, and sabal Minor already through my neglect but have been curious to try the R hystrix.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com