Info on Phyllostachys flexuosa 'kimmei-Inversa Cornelia d'Al

Other things that involve bamboo

Moderator: needmore

Deane
Location info: 0

Info on Phyllostachys flexuosa 'kimmei-Inversa Cornelia d'Al

Post by Deane »

I am looking for info on Phyllostachys flexuosa 'kimmei-Inversa Cornelia d'Alba' that I bought from Jos at Kimmei there really is no info on the internet, do any of you grow said bamboo and if so how is it doing
needmore
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: Info on Phyllostachys flexuosa 'kimmei-Inversa Cornelia

Post by needmore »

Looks like none of us has heard of it before!

Jos has a bamboo I'd like:

http://kimmei.com/enieuws.html
Pseudosasa sp. Charles. ( pictute left and right) Maybe related to Pseudosasa amabilis. Strong upright-growing bamboo. Looks like Sem. fastuosa but is much more elegant. Heigth 5-8 m. +, sun till shadow, frost resistant between -15 and -18°C . In my oppinion this is one of the most impressive newcomers for a not too cold climat .Available.

You could obtain that and tell me how wonderful it is since we can not get it here!
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
Deane

Post by Deane »

needmore wrote:Looks like none of us has heard of it before!

Pseudosasa sp. Charles. ( pictute left and right) Maybe related to Pseudosasa amabilis. Strong upright-growing bamboo. Looks like Sem. fastuosa but is much more elegant. Heigth 5-8 m. +, sun till shadow, frost resistant between -15 and -18°C . In my oppinion this is one of the most impressive newcomers for a not too cold climat .Available.

You could obtain that and tell me how wonderful it is since we can not get it here!
I am looking forward to watching flexuosa grow, I just had a delivery from Jügen again of chimonobambusa tumidissinoda 'Addington',Chusquea culeou 'Aisen',Phyllostachys fimbriligula and Fargesia nitida 'Gansu 95 A' And have Phyllostachys nidularia,Phyllostachys bambusoides castillonis inversa and Phyllostachys Aurea Koi on order from The Roding plantery uk which is my lot for this year but have stuff on order for next year from Kimmei so will add one to Order and see how it goes, looks very interesting bamboo
needmore

Post by needmore »

I would think that it invites underplanting. I intend to use my Ps amabilis that way.

I like Fimbriligula, has a nice blue blush at the nodes of new culms and gains size nicely.
Cooper12

Post by Cooper12 »

needmore wrote:Looks like none of us has heard of it before!

id like that one
Jason Floyd
Hangtown Farms

Emmett Idaho
Zone 7A
Potato country
needmore

Post by needmore »

Maybe there are import slots open, we could check and make a wish list.
iain

Post by iain »

Deane, I guess there will be someone on the continent growing it. As needmore suggested in another thread, it might be worth looking on the French forum. Bamboo garden.com has this:

Phyllostachys flexuosa 'Spring Beauty'

Expected Height: 24 feet
Diameter: 1.5 inches
Hardiness: 0° F
USDA Zone recommended 6 through 9

Phyllostachys flexuosa flowered in 2001 and we grew many seedlings of which a few had leaves that were highly variegated on the new spring growth, and the culms are variously yellow or yellow with a green sulcus. If you look at the lower picture you can see the reddish maroon lingual on the leaved typical of Phyllostachys flexuosa. Very similar to Phyllostachys flexuosa 'Kimmei,' but this is our own selection and may be superior.

I have Chimonobambusa Tumidissinoda in a large oak half barrel that I would love to plant out.
Boohoo?
Deane

Post by Deane »

iain wrote:Deane, I guess there will be someone on the continent growing it. As needmore suggested in another thread, it might be worth looking on the French forum. Bamboo garden.com has this:

Phyllostachys flexuosa 'Spring Beauty'

Expected Height: 24 feet
Diameter: 1.5 inches
Hardiness: 0° F
USDA Zone recommended 6 through 9

Phyllostachys flexuosa flowered in 2001 and we grew many seedlings of which a few had leaves that were highly variegated on the new spring growth, and the culms are variously yellow or yellow with a green sulcus. If you look at the lower picture you can see the reddish maroon lingual on the leaved typical of Phyllostachys flexuosa. Very similar to Phyllostachys flexuosa 'Kimmei,' but this is our own selection and may be superior.

I have Chimonobambusa Tumidissinoda in a large oak half barrel that I would love to plant out.
Yeah continent is probably the best place, they have a similar plant in USA but it is weak apparently flexuosa 'Kimmei' Colorful, weak growing seedling from the USA.(Ned) Seedling.
Height 1-2 m. sun till half shadow hardy between -16/-20°C and spring beauty which is stronger, looking forward to the pseudosasa ‘Charlie’ brad thanks for heads up