up sizing pics 2014

how to take close-ups and what parts of the plants to get photos of for ID.

Moderators: David, Iowaboo, Thuja

zxylene
Location info: 0

up sizing pics 2014

Post by zxylene »

This will be a bad year for up sizing but I am sure some of you may still have some up sizing. Tonight I will take a pic of my beast(Phyllostachys glauca 'Yunzhu'). Even after total top kill I have several up sized shoots already 4 feet high or higher. It started shooting 4/29 the large shoot started about May 4th. I will get pics tonight does any one have good up sizing after this cold cold winter?
JWH

Re: up sizing pics 2014

Post by JWH »

Impressive upsizing on my Fargesia Robusta 'Campbell' this year. 30+ New culms, nice culm diameter, and height gained.

Fargesia Sp. 'Scabrida' gained culm diameter, and height, but had approximately the same number of new shoots as last year.

Tumidissinoda has to win the "Beast" award. It's running all over, gaining good size and height. The largest culm I could find had 1 inch nodes.

Patch #1

Patch #2

pokenei

Post by pokenei »

Parvifolia - Season 3.
Shoots are about double in size and number.

Not bad after this brutal winter and rat damage. Hope that dang raccoon won't come and destroy this too as it did to my Atrovaginata shoots.
Attachments
Before
Before
After
After
Tarzanus

Post by Tarzanus »

5 Spectabilis culms managed to produce a nice little forest. New culms are around 1/3 taller than last year, yet they haven't gain much in culm diameter.
IMG_20140617_113344.jpg