ATTENTION all Architects & design professionals - Tourism entrepreneurs & development specialists- Corporate CSR programme managers –Students of the above - IB school education & CAS programme managers as well as Ecological enthusiasts, Volunteers and many others are invited to attend our ‘Bamboo and eco- design Workshops and Seminars’ conducted during the construction ‘Sanpathong Sustainable Agricultural Centre,’ Chiang Mai, Thailand.
The Sanpathong Farm Stay property will host participants attending each of the 4 workshops and seminars conducted by Bambooroo in 2013. Profits will go towards the cost of ‘fittings and furnishings’ for the centre, a revolutionary design in bamboo funded by the progressive European tour operator KUONI Switzerland.
Kuoni’s support is part of a wider initiative in partnership with VWB (Volunteers Without Borders Foundation) and local tour operator Track of the Tiger T.R.D. (Tourism Resources Development) in support of: responsible tourism and sustainable 2nd revenue stream development for tourism SME’s and the communities they work in.
The Sanpathong Sustainable Agriculture Centre aims to:
· Re-introduce current and future generations of local farmers to sustainable small plot mixed agriculture – with direct market access- as an alternative to the mono-crop / chemical based option that has trapped them in a cycle of poverty for the last 50 years.
· Increase productivity by introducing a ‘commercial’ version of His Majesty King Bhumipol of Thailand’s own ‘sufficiency economy farming model’.
· Introduce a foreign investor /local sustainable farmer JV initiative that sees the local farmer generate enough income from a given plot of land to earn a good living and ‘buy’ the land back from the investor from profit shared earnings over a 10 year period. A win-win opportunity for both groups.
WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS
This combined 'theoretical' and 'hands-on' workshop verbally and physically demonstrate to the participants the architectural concepts and techniques applied in ecological construction, whilst giving participants the opportunity to be a part of the real construction of a bamboo mega-structure.
· Bamboo Structural Concepts.
· Modern bamboo Joinery and Unions.
· Bamboo Anatomy & Species familiarisation.
WHEN (Two workshop events)
· October 30th – November 2nd - "Thai Sala"
· November 6th – 9th - "Buggy Parking"
The Sanpathong Farm Stay - CHIANG MAI. THAILAND
Please see attached links for further details or email for more information and a registration form.
http://www.volunteers-without-borders.o ... hp?ne_id=4
or visit our facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Voluntee ... 719?ref=hl
1 post • Page 1 of 1