Help growing bamboo

Ask questions about growing bamboo

Moderator: needmore

ChilledPanda
Location info: 0

Help growing bamboo

Post by ChilledPanda »

How can i grow bamboo on my plot, without it spreading uncontrollably? Is there a way to cut the root so only one tree grows?
dependable

Re: Help growing bamboo

Post by dependable »

You could select a clumping bamboo, as opposed to running. There are also effective root barriers that can be installed.

You will not have much luck trying to grow one culm, the plant needs more bio mass than that. It would be very much like trying to grow and maintain a single blade of grass.
ChilledPanda

Post by ChilledPanda »

dependable wrote:You could select a clumping bamboo, as opposed to running. There are also effective root barriers that can be installed.

You will not have much luck trying to grow one culm, the plant needs more bio mass than that. It would be very much like trying to grow and maintain a single blade of grass.
I don't undertstand. How does clumper bamboo grow? How many trees can be grown from one seed? cus i don't want that region tobe too crowded. I'd like to space the trees out if possible. Can't i just get the farm workers to cut the unnecesary culms down?

I wouldn't mind using root barriers but it seems expensive.
ChilledPanda

Post by ChilledPanda »

dependable wrote:You could select a clumping bamboo, as opposed to running. There are also effective root barriers that can be installed.

How many culms will grow if i plant 1 seed?
dependable

Post by dependable »

Usually bamboo is not grown by seed, by casual growers anyway, takes a long time to become a plant. Bamboos are usually propagated by divisions.

How may culms from one seed? ultimately could be infinite number. If you plant a grass seed, you will get much more than one blade eventually, bamboo is a giant grass, it does not grow singly like a tree.

Suggest you do some basic research if you are interested in growing bamboo.