Hurricane Ike

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Hurricane Ike

Post by boonut »

"#$%%^$#, *&*&#$&$**#$&#" Looks like hurricane Ike is heading our way!!!! http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphic ... y#contents
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
marcat
Location info: 28

RE: Hurricane Ike

Post by marcat »

Doesn't look like Mother Nature likes you this year. Ever think of takeing water lily's up as a hobby?
MarCat
mantis
Location info: 22

Post by mantis »

Currently looks like boonut is safe, but marcat better start shopping for plywood.
marcat

Post by marcat »

Wish I had some 'plyboo'...Got it aimed right across the bey from me now and yes I all ready have water lilys.
MarCat
marcat

Post by marcat »

Ouch...looks like I am toast...Just looked at the 8PM EDT forcast and it didn't change from the last one. Austwell Tx. as ground zero. Just across from the bay from me.
Allen I was really just joshing, did you put a voodoo hex on me or some thing????
Well the Boo are on their own I am in full bug out mode now. Now lets see should I take this or that?. Did decide one boo is going with me the tiny Mex. Weeper Dwarf I got from Mantis it wont take up much room.
MarCat
boonut
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

Hey..... I wouldn't wish a hurricane on anyone. It rained quite a bit before hurricane Dolly, then during hurricane Dolly... and has rained almost every day since. We have schools that are having problems with sewage backing up still. We really need a big break.

Bring your boo on down here and hang out with us... we can watch it on TV. :D :D
Last edited by boonut on Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

mantis

Re: RE: Hurricane Ike

Post by mantis »

boonut wrote:Hey..... I would wish a hurricane on anyone.
Well that's not very nice. :P

I'm hoping it was a typo, and you mean "wouldn't". :wink:
mantis

Post by mantis »

marcat wrote:Did decide one boo is going with me the tiny Mex. Weeper Dwarf I got from Mantis it wont take up much room.
MarCat
Wow! Is it still alive? Hope so. That plant has been very slow to upsize, so if it doesn't make it you might have to wait another year or two before I can cut off another little clump.
boonut

Post by boonut »

mantis wrote:
boonut wrote:Hey..... I would wish a hurricane on anyone.
Well that's not very nice. :P

I'm hoping it was a typo, and you mean "wouldn't". :wink:
edit, edit, edit.... :?
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

bepah
Location info: 36
Location: Brentwood CA The rumor is that we are 9b...I think 10a

Post by bepah »

Stay safe and dry....
John Case
Rookie Gardener
Veteran Drinker
'Circular logic works because circular logic works!'
boonut

Post by boonut »

As of 11am EDT, it now looks like Marcat might be in trouble. It may even go further north before it is over, but (sigh.....) it looks like Ike will leave me alone....... :compress: :bounce: :salute: :salute: :la: :la: :hello1: :hello2: :hello2:
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

marcat

Post by marcat »

Anyone wondered were I live just follow the center line of the cone of probability and you will trip over my place. Aimed right at me. Now this is getting personal, Ike kepp on coming and when you get here do not bother looking for me I will not be here. P.S. you better leave my Boo's alone.
Ah well back to packing.
MarCat
rickw
Location info: 84
Location: Theodore, AL, just south of I-10 and 1 mile from Mobile Bay, barely 8b

Post by rickw »

marcat wrote:Anyone wondered were I live just follow the center line of the cone of probability and you will trip over my place. Aimed right at me. Now this is getting personal, Ike kepp on coming and when you get here do not bother looking for me I will not be here. P.S. you better leave my Boo's alone.
Ah well back to packing.
MarCat
Sorry to hear that you're in the path, it's looks like a big one. Good luck with your evacuation and I pray that your property will come through unscaved. We on the upper Gulf Coast are relieved but at the expense of someone else; it's never a good deal. Well, I guess I should go out and pick up limbs left by the last storm and try to mow without bogging the mower again.
mantis

Post by mantis »

Marcat, if your place get damaged let me know and I'll come down to help you clean up. I'll even leave the camera at home.
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Post by Roy »

mantis wrote:Marcat, if your place get damaged let me know and I'll come down to help you clean up. I'll even leave the camera at home.
Mantis,

Are you hoping for some rain out of this one?
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST