Anyone heard from David? Tornado in Murfreeboro!

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

ChrisM
Location info: 0

Anyone heard from David? Tornado in Murfreeboro!

Post by ChrisM »

Weather channel just showed a bad tornado tearing up his town. We went through that last Feb. here. I hope he is ok.
Chris
millerlightman02
Location info: 46

RE: Anyone heard from David? Tornado in Murfreeboro!

Post by millerlightman02 »

hope he's ok. I pick up food products from there at rich's foods.
Michael Geis
wiener dogs and bamboo
what else is there?
David
Location info: 30
Location: Middle Tennessee (Murfreesboro) USDA Zone 6b/7a Record low Jan 1966 -14*F Frost free April 21-Oct.21

Post by David »

Hello everyone. We just got power, and cable back. We are fine, but the devastation is difficult to comprehend. The path of the biggest tornado was just a few hundred yards to our south. It cut a path through Murfrees boro for 8 miles. Most everyone had plenty of warning, but we did have 2 deaths. One of our friends was not so lucky. Their home was completely leveled, and they were trapped under the rubble for 2 hours, fortunately neither was injured badly. We spent the day sifting through what was left of their home looking for pictures, and keepsakes. It certainly puts things in perspective. Thanks for your concern Chris.
David Arnold
Middle Tennessee Bamboo Farm
USDA zone 6b
bepah
Location info: 36
Location: Brentwood CA The rumor is that we are 9b...I think 10a

Post by bepah »

Our prayers are with you and your city.
John Case
Rookie Gardener
Veteran Drinker
'Circular logic works because circular logic works!'
David
Location info: 30
Location: Middle Tennessee (Murfreesboro) USDA Zone 6b/7a Record low Jan 1966 -14*F Frost free April 21-Oct.21

Post by David »

Thank you John, Micheal, and Chris. We are going over today to help with the clean up. One of the interesting things is that the area of total devastation has never made the news because the entire area has been cordoned off by the authorities. Local EMS, and FEMA have done an amazing job. My daughters, grandchildren, and my dad were all in the bunker in our basement so we knew they were safe, but we could not get into the area for some time. We finally drove 20 miles of back roads, and finally were able to get in the back way. If you don't have a solid safe place to take shelter you should really consider making or getting one. Our friends had taken shelter in an interior closet, and it was one of the very few cavities in the total structural collapse. It saved there lives. Doug said that any rebuilding would have a storm shelter with a house built around it.

Regards,

David
David Arnold
Middle Tennessee Bamboo Farm
USDA zone 6b
ChrisM
Location info: 0

Post by ChrisM »

David,
I feel for you. Kim was home alone when I was coming back from Savannah last Feb when an EF-3 hit us. We were the first house on the left side that didn't have a direct hit. My neighbors weren't so lucky. We still have a vacant lot diagonally across the street and several more around the neighborhood. Our damage was all exterior and the property. 350' of fencing, 10 or so trees and parts. Porch, windows, etc. Our city was fantastic with assistance and posted police everywhere. They even just last month provided a free tree for replanting the area. We got a 10' okame cherry. Hang in there David we are thinking about you.
Chris
mantis
Location info: 22

Re: Anyone heard from David? Tornado in Murfreeboro!

Post by mantis »

Wow! Saw the pictures in the test area. :shock: I'm glad you, your family, and friends are safe. Good luck with the clean up.