Hurricane season = shooting season

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

mantis
Location info: 22

Hurricane season = shooting season

Post by mantis »

It appears that it takes the same conditions to make hurricanes as it does to make my tropical bamboos shoot. Hurricane season runs from June 1st - November 30th.

I had a few misc. shoots before June 1st, but they were few and far between. As soon as we hit June my plants took off. In the last few days I've gotten multiple shoots on many plants. Looking at last years logs my shoots also tapered off in late November, and by the end of November just about everything was quiet.

I don't know if I should be happy because of all the new shoots or scared because we are in hurricane season again. Last year's hurricane season was horrible... storm after storm took dead aim at Houston, but luckily only one hit us. Wait, did I just say we were lucky to get hit by a hurricane? :laughing1:
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Re: Hurricane season = shooting season

Post by ghmerrill »

are you sure the problem is not that the bamboo shoots cause hurricanes??? I think if you look at the evidence, you have a pretty strong argument for it- Last year you said you had filled all available space in your yard with bamboo- and now you said last years hurricane season was terrible... Coincidence? I think not!

this year, you said once your bamboos really started shooting, hurricanes started again.....

now we need a government grant to find out the causal relationship developing between the active shooting season of bamboo and the development of hurricanes....

:lol:
mantis

Post by mantis »

I better delete this thread before the USDA sees it and makes the connection between bamboo and hurricanes. They'll come in their black helicopters and steal all of our boo. :shock:
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Post by Alan_L »

That would probably be NOAA, not USDA.

Maybe a joint operation?
mantis

Post by mantis »

Those two, plus FEMA, and throw in the insurance industry, and we're sunk!